Mass Effect: Andromeda Official EA Play 2016 Video

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Did you think that BioWare was going to release gameplay footage for a game that is releasing in early 2017? No, that’d probably make too much sense, but here are some cinematic sequences that give you a good idea of what the game should look like.

A whole new galaxy awaits for you to explore. Mass Effect: Andromeda pushes the boundaries of known space into the next generation, delivering distant star systems with remote and hostile planets ripe for discovery. Mass Effect: Andromeda - Coming early 2017 to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Well, that looked pretty good. Let's see if they can deliver.

Frankly, BioWare has been crap since EA. They ruined SWTOR, and the end of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchises.

Really, ever since they basically forced out the BioWare founders and gutted the original SWTOR staff, its been a shit show. So I don't have high hopes for anything BioWare makes anymore.

If there is anything to really look forward to, it would be anything made by CD Projekt Red....

Frankly, BioWare has been crap since EA. They ruined SWTOR, and the end of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age franchises.

Really, ever since they basically forced out the BioWare founders and gutted the original SWTOR staff, its been a shit show. So I don't have high hopes for anything BioWare makes anymore.

If there is anything to really look forward to, it would be anything made by CD Projekt Red....

Saddly, I agree.

Was extremely upset when EA snapped up Bioware.

Less interaction with their community, loss of talent, forced expansion have all lead to a massive deterioration in that quality of their games.

I loved all the Mass Effect games, my all time favorite and once they released the extended ending, I was fine with it the 100 hours of superb gameplay, atmosphere, story and characters that led up to it more than made up for any shortcomings. I admit I'd like to have seen a continuation of the original characters but understand the need to move on. Sucks this was delayed til '17 but I'm still looking forward to it and will likely buy it day 1.

If this is all they have to show at this point then I am very skeptical of the readiness of the game if it is to be released early next year. It's also a little concerning that they specifically show a female waking from stasis at the end. Does this mean we won't be able to customize our player character this time around? How "progressive" of them...

If this is all they have to show at this point then I am very skeptical of the readiness of the game if it is to be released early next year. It's also a little concerning that they specifically show a female waking from stasis at the end. Does this mean we won't be able to customize our player character this time around? How "progressive" of them...
My understanding is that they wanted to do a female Shepard in the original. I assume, if this was the main character that was shown, that this is what they were intending to say with that scene. I'm sure you'll still be able to have either a male or female main character. Many games these days allow that choice. I honestly don't care either way.

I read somewhere earlier that they are in the "polishing" stage, and that the game is basically done. Not sure how accurate that is, though.

Assumptions assumptions assumptions. How do you come to the conclusion that there is no character customization? And why would it mean that there is if they showed a male? It makes absolutely no sense.

Back