Mass Effect: Andromeda Cinematic Trailer 2

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Okay…BioWare has managed to craft a beautiful game here, but I am not sure about your new squadmates—they look pretty uninspired compared to the likes of peeps like Thane and Garrus. Yeah, I know that I shouldn’t judge until I get to their backstories, but you had to admit that something seems off. Did I just see a female Turian?

Looks pretty cool to me I will be excited for 2018 Christmas sale when I can purchase this at a much reduced cost. Thanks to Origin who gave away MA:2 and all the DLC for free last month, I have found a new to me series that I really like.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
Well, if your goal is to colonize all the species in a new galaxy you're going to either need some ladies of each type or have a technological solution on-hand to test-tube up some babies. Considering that this is a one-chance shot, I'd think they would probably opt for including females instead of just assuming that a technology solution would work. That said, and I mean this purely from the most practical standpoint, they shouldn't have any females at all on the away teams for a mission like this. The loss of any of them in such a population-constrained mission would be a real problem. Men can easily freeze sperm and save it for use later if they don't make it back, doing the same for females requires a much higher element of risk.

"I don't need an army, I have a Krogan"

--Shepard/Wrex/Shepard

A Krogan and a Asari and worlds will end.

If I want humor I'll bring a Salarian as we are not FUCKING GONNA GET A QUARIAN GODAMNITT SO MUCH!

Rest of the races and humans are bland, boring, meh, and I could care less.

/Hanar Spectres are required
//Game over

How is it that this new game on Frostbite 2 is looking to be, at best, visually on par with ME3, if not worse? Kkeeping in mind that ME3 was built on Unreal Engine 3? Is this because Frostbite 2 is just bad, or because their textures are garbage?

Any idea when Mass Effect: Andromeda GOTY Edition will go on sale for $15?

Rather not have to pay for the DLC individually.

I'm pretty excited for this game. Pre-ordering today because this is one franchise I don't get tired of replaying.

Looks pretty cool to me I will be excited for 2018 Christmas sale when I can purchase this at a much reduced cost. Thanks to Origin who gave away MA:2 and all the DLC for free last month, I have found a new to me series that I really like.
What? They didn't gave away the DLCs for free. Only the main game.

Yes, yes you did see a female Turian.

Now the question is, will she be the one that was always competing with Garrus, and will she always be saying something like she's faster at Calibrating than Garrus is?

Yes, yes you did see a female Turian.

Now the question is, will she be the one that was always competing with Garrus, and will she always be saying something like she's faster at Calibrating than Garrus is?
Garrus lived about a thousand years ago, and they left the milky way before Garrus even became the Garrus. So, the answer is no.

And there is already a female turian in the Omegad DLC for ME3, so this is not than amazing to many of us.

Garrus lived about a thousand years ago, and they left the milky way before Garrus even became the Garrus. So, the answer is no.

And there is already a female turian in the Omegad DLC for ME3, so this is not than amazing to many of us.

Actually your timeline is a bit skewed if Eurogamer's info is accurate. According to that timeline the ship headed to Andromeda left during the year that Mass Effect 2 concluded in - around the time of the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC, aka a year prior to the Reaper Invasion.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-07-now-we-know-exactly-when-mass-effect-andromeda-is-set

As for Garrus living a thousand years ago "600 by Euro Gamer from above" they made the flight in stasis, so it's completely possible they may know of events up to just prior to the Reaper invasion IE just outside of contact range when the VI was controlling the ships on their path to Andromeda, as well as potential friendships/communications to the old crew prior to their departure.

Actually your timeline is a bit skewed if Eurogamer's info is accurate. According to that timeline the ship headed to Andromeda left during the year that Mass Effect 2 concluded in - around the time of the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC, aka a year prior to the Reaper Invasion.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-07-now-we-know-exactly-when-mass-effect-andromeda-is-set

As for Garrus living a thousand years ago "600 by Euro Gamer from above" they made the flight in stasis, so it's completely possible they may know of events up to just prior to the Reaper invasion IE just outside of contact range when the VI was controlling the ships on their path to Andromeda, as well as potential friendships/communications to the old crew prior to their departure.

Well they don't have to know each other just because they're both turian. That's like saying hey you must know this random person here, because you're both human!

And Garrus was far from famous at that time. He was a disgruntled former csec officer who went to omega and operated as a vigilante under a pseudonym after the council covered up the reaper threat. Then joined a secretive group of humans to perform a mission in a place that most didn't know even existed. So there. I don't think their actions were exactly broadcast on evening news. About the only person actually having a name by then was Wrex apart from Shepard.

Anyway I don't want them drenching up that old laundry. It would feel out of place and cheesy anyway.

Okay…BioWare has managed to craft a beautiful game here, but I am not sure about your new squadmates—they look pretty uninspired compared to the likes of peeps like Thane and Garrus. Yeah, I know that I shouldn’t judge until I get to their backstories, but you had to admit that something seems off. Did I just see a female Turian?
We're seeing the opening team, just like when you start off Mass Effect [1] with a few boring humes. Bioware knows that people came for the Shep and stayed for the aliens.

Well they don't have to know each other just because they're both turian. That's like saying hey you must know this random person here, because you're both human!

And Garrus was far from famous at that time. He was a disgruntled former csec officer who went to omega and operated as a vigilante under a pseudonym after the council covered up the reaper threat. Then joined a secretive group of humans to perform a mission in a place that most didn't know even existed. So there. I don't think their actions were exactly broadcast on evening news. About the only person actually having a name by then was Wrex apart from Shepard.

Anyway I don't want them drenching up that old laundry. It would feel out of place and cheesy anyway.
Actually, the whole crew of the Normandy was pretty famous after defeating Saren and Sovereign at the Citadel. Garrus chose to go to Omega and kill mercs.

The reason I mentioned a hope that she would be one of his old flames/teammates is part of his dialog circle in ME:3 he actually talks about tension and competition with a female Turian on a ship prior to joining C-Sec... making the joke about 1 having reach & the other having grip. Honestly I just thought it'd be an interesting little Easter egg tying the new Mass Effect games back to the previous trilogy. -- Think of the relationship between Garrus and the unnamed female Turian akin to being classmates who randomly communicated with each other after they went on with their own career paths.

Actually, the whole crew of the Normandy was pretty famous after defeating Saren and Sovereign at the Citadel. Garrus chose to go to Omega and kill mercs.
No they weren't Shepard was the poster boy The human spectre, who they then branded as delusional.The rest of the crew didn't get as much as a mention in the greater scheme of things. It's proof enough for Garrus not being famous that nobody not even aria knew who archangel was. Yet he operated on a major pirate hub, where tons of people seen him, and noone made the connection that hey you're that famous csec turian from shepard's crew.

The reason I mentioned a hope that she would be one of his old flames/teammates is part of his dialog circle in ME:3 he actually talks about tension and competition with a female Turian on a ship prior to joining C-Sec... making the joke about 1 having reach & the other having grip. Honestly I just thought it'd be an interesting little Easter egg tying the new Mass Effect games back to the previous trilogy. -- Think of the relationship between Garrus and the unnamed female Turian akin to being classmates who randomly communicated with each other after they went on with their own career paths.
I remember that but I'd rather they not remind us of the old trilogy. We want to forget that. And I bet they want too after that travesty of an ending. It's better for everyone if they keep their distance.

Plus I bet if she's in the crew then there is a romance option. It would be just too weird.

An actual acquaintance of one of the old characters is too much. Let's just keep things from the old trilogy confined to the codex entries.

Last edited:
What? They didn't gave away the DLCs for free. Only the main game.

Simply not the case. The main game and all DLC for ME:2 including the artwork/sketch book and soundtrack stuff for free and there is no time limit like many of there games. I would have never picked up this game unless it was free or below $5 now I am ready to purchase the rest of the series. Their advertising has worked.

Simply not the case. The main game and all DLC for ME:2 including the artwork/sketch book and soundtrack stuff for free and there is no time limit like many of there games. I would have never picked up this game unless it was free or below $5 now I am ready to purchase the rest of the series. Their advertising has worked.
The main game was free. But not all the DLCs. I know because I went there and clicken on it, to check if they're giving away the dlcs I don't already own. And guess what they weren't. A bunch of DLCs are still not available to me. I also highly doubt they were giving them away for free because the only way you can still purchase them is for bioware points.
The only DLCs you got for free was the ones that already came with the retail game. Which includes a bunch of armor and weapon dlcs, and the prince of revenge, the cerberus network, normandy crash site, and maybe firewalker but I'm not sure about that.

So maybe you got a one off specialized deal just made out in your name. There was even a discussion about it when the game was free on origin, how you need to buy certain dlcs to get the full story, leading into ME3.

The main game was free. But not all the DLCs. I know because I went there and clicken on it, to check if they're giving away the dlcs I don't already own. And guess what they weren't. A bunch of DLCs are still not available to me. I also highly doubt they were giving them away for free because the only way you can still purchase them is for bioware points.
The only DLCs you got for free was the ones that already came with the retail game. Which includes a bunch of armor and weapon dlcs, and the prince of revenge, the cerberus network, normandy crash site, and maybe firewalker but I'm not sure about that.

So maybe you got a one off specialized deal just made out in your name. There was even a discussion about it when the game was free on origin, how you need to buy certain dlcs to get the full story, leading into ME3.

I downloaded the game for free on Origin, and all the DLCs came with it....

Well sounds like a very good day for me that Origin took the time to make a One off specialized deal just for me. I clicked the link posted here on the [H] a few weeks ago, and dloaded the entire content of ME:2 and ALL DLC not part but ALL. I will say that I am most thankful to the Gaming God's for this grand oportunity and gift.

Well sounds like a very good day for me that Origin took the time to make a One off specialized deal just for me. I clicked the link posted here on the [H] a few weeks ago, and dloaded the entire content of ME:2 and ALL DLC not part but ALL. I will say that I am most thankful to the Gaming God's for this grand oportunity and gift.

Do you subscribe to origin access perhaps? Because that would explain it. Then you get to play the deluxe edition of the game, which I assume would have all dlcs included.

Otherwise you're the luckiest recipient of the glitch of the decade, or just fucking with me.

Are you sure? A lot of DLCs are free, including some missions and characters such as Zaeed, but the big ones are not. Do you have:
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Kasumi - Stolen Memory

If you got those then that is excellent. Shadow Broker is the best DLC of the bunch, costs $10-16 or so.

Do you subscribe to origin access perhaps? Because that would explain it. Then you get to play the deluxe edition of the game, which I assume would have all dlcs included.

Otherwise you're the luckiest recipient of the glitch of the decade, or just fucking with me.

I am not a subscriber and only joined Origin for BF1, With Jesus Christ as my witness I am not messing with you.

Are you sure? A lot of DLCs are free, including some missions and characters such as Zaeed, but the big ones are not. Do you have:
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Kasumi - Stolen Memory

If you got those then that is excellent. Shadow Broker is the best DLC of the bunch, costs $10-16 or so.

yes, both of those were included and much enjoyed.

I like the Mass Effect games. I played them. They all had horrible issues (ME1 especially) but the story kept me going. I loved the story. I thought it was epic (at the time).
The ending was terrible, as we all know. But I accepted it.

I just can't see them matching that in this new game/series/possible series.

I was attached to the shepherd character, and can't really see me getting attached to another in the same universe. But maybe. But the reapers? How do you top that?

That's like doing a lord of the rings sequel where they try to top Sauron with smurfs. "And after the ring was destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom, Papa Smurf looked upon the ruined wastelands of Mordor and thought that today, finally, was his day. With a great rallying cry he called out to the rest of the smurf tribe, and onward they marched to topple the great giants of the shire. Those godly beings known as hobbits...."

I mean c'mon. You can't follow that act. Unless these characters go up against older, more powerful beings than the reapers. Their creators maybe? (they might have already done that, or answered that, honestly it was such a mess I don't remember it all)

I'll prob sit it out until it hits 20 bucks.

Back