Mass Effect achievements lost

Jellylesg

2[H]4U
Reformatted recently. Backed up my save files and put them back and carried on playing with no issue except for my achievements being wiped.

The only fixes I've been able to find anywhere is to use the console to unlock them, which doesn't work as they reset to locked as soon as I quit.

Is this a known issue? I steamed through all the side stuff and got the majority of the achievements on my first play-through in anticipation of ME2, and this has shafted me.

There is a Mass Effect achievement editor here, but I can't testify as to whether it actually works or is safe. Scan it with a good antivirus first!

However, it does mention where the achievements data for Mass Effect is kept. To assist others attempting to back up Mass Effect, this is where he says the file is located:

Path to the directory of the file "Profile.MassEffectProfile", which should be in your C:\Users\<Your account>\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save in Windows Vista, and in C:\Documents and Settings\<Your account>\Documents\Bioware\Mass Effect\Save in windows XP. If you use a separate hard drive or have a custom location for your Documents folder, your BioWare folder will be there, instead.

Back