Mass Effect 3 Trailer

Not really sure what you're seeing to make this an amazing or 'can't miss game' based off a CGI trailer. Shouldn't you know better by now?

Not really sure what you're seeing to make this an amazing or 'can't miss game' based off a CGI trailer. Shouldn't you know better by now?

Nothing about the game play (but come on, it's Mass Effect... so it has a pretty good track record), but it does give you a taste of the story... and that's why people play Mass Effect games. That and the ability to bang blue aliens. ME is one of the few franchises that I will give the benefit of the doubt to and buy a game without seeing game play footage. Worked out well for ME2 and it's all-cinematic trailers. I see no reason to doubt ME3.

Well at least the aliens (Reapers?) are invading London for a change and not L.A/N.Y

Well at least the aliens (Reapers?) are invading London for a change and not L.A/N.Y
Last time aliens/demons/whatever invaded London, the game sucked donkey balls (Hellgate:London). So this may or may not be a good sign ;)

Meh, what do you expect. When a developer is based in North America, and their initial target audience is in North America, they are usually going to use North American settings to up the immersion and interest of those players (you know, when their games are based on Earth). It's the same reason why Ukraine based developers GSC and 4A tend to make games set in Eastern Europe/Russia. That's their location, and that is where their initial target audience lives. It's the same mentality with disaster movies. You want your audience to feel a connection to the setting and feel a loss at it's destruction.

Think of it this way. All other things being equal, what game do you think most American Gamers are going to be more interested in: One set in Leeds, or one set in Chicago?

Back