Mass effect 3: asari stasis discussion

Dome

2[H]4U
so i see a lot of people using or even snipers (i cringe when i think of the weight penalty) to headshot enemies caught in stasis. is it just me, or is it less effective than using stasis and then throw?

i get that you could line up a few headshots right away, but isn't the aoe detonation with throw just as good if not better?

Clearly they havent discovered the Carnifex pistol. You can even put a scope on it if you want and make it into a mini sniper while still having enough recharge to just spam abilities.

right now i get that a pistol is good and better than the sniper, but what i mean is do people use the pistol foranything?

i just spam stasis and throw, or warp and throw, and never fire my gun at all.

my favorite is Singularity followed by Heavy Warp which causes a big explosion...I maxed out both Singularity and Warp to make the effect even better :D

People probably feel more powerful with a gun.

And if I'm sniping, what fun is it to snipe targets that are caught in a stasis? Seems boring to me. I'd rather get headshots on moving targets.

Edit: dang, I just now saw that this is the console sub forum. I'd probably need the stasis to headshot anything with a controller.

right now i get that a pistol is good and better than the sniper, but what i mean is do people use the pistol foranything?

Well, for one, you can earn more medals if you use a gun in addition to biotics. It's also nice to stasis phantoms and just get rid of them with a few free headshots.

I also mostly use my biotic powers but there are times when you need to use a gun as your powers are recharging...plus it's fun to change things up

I'm glad they nerfed the M5 Phalanx. It was practically a sniper rifle in ME2. The Carnifex does enough damage and has the range. The Talon is the most powerful pistol I've found, but they kept it's effective range somewhat limited. I use the Black Widow sniper rifle myself. I find that despite it's reduced ammunition count compared to some other options, it's virtually unequalled for power outside of the Geth sniper rifle in this game which is not to be confused with Legion's M98 Widow from ME2.

I'm glad they nerfed the M5 Phalanx. It was practically a sniper rifle in ME2. The Carnifex does enough damage and has the range. The Talon is the most powerful pistol I've found, but they kept it's effective range somewhat limited. I use the Black Widow sniper rifle myself. I find that despite it's reduced ammunition count compared to some other options, it's virtually unequalled for power outside of the Geth sniper rifle in this game which is not to be confused with Legion's M98 Widow from ME2.

The thing about that gun is that 1)it's extremely heavy and 2)does it do that much more damage over the Mantis? With character and weapon upgrades I like the Viper sniper rifle. I can land 1 shot kills on low-level enemies, even on gold. I can also get 1 shot kills regularly on guardians. Most everything else is 2 or three shots. The Viper makes dealing with a nemesis tolerable due to its semi-automatic nature. With a Mantis or Widow, a nemesis takes one headshot to knock out shields + 1 headshot to kill, but the nemesis doesn't exactly stand still for the kill shot. Often, the nemesis will run around, hide, and recharge her shields.

The Widow is nice, however, for taking down two enemies if they're standing in line. It's also nice that you don't really have to aim with guardians; you just shoot somewhere toward the center and you'll get the kill.

The thing about that gun is that 1)it's extremely heavy and 2)does it do that much more damage over the Mantis? With character and weapon upgrades I like the Viper sniper rifle. I can land 1 shot kills on low-level enemies, even on gold. I can also get 1 shot kills regularly on guardians. Most everything else is 2 or three shots. The Viper makes dealing with a nemesis tolerable due to its semi-automatic nature. With a Mantis or Widow, a nemesis takes one headshot to knock out shields + 1 headshot to kill, but the nemesis doesn't exactly stand still for the kill shot. Often, the nemesis will run around, hide, and recharge her shields.

The Widow is nice, however, for taking down two enemies if they're standing in line. It's also nice that you don't really have to aim with guardians; you just shoot somewhere toward the center and you'll get the kill.

I play soldier class. I don't worry about weight. And yeah, the Black Widow is where it's at. The Viper and other rifles give you more shots, but ultimately I like the power of the M98 Widow / Black Widow. BTW it also knocks the shield carrying guys down or knocks the shields out of their hands. The others do not do that. .

I played an Asari Adept using Statis Bubble and the Carnifex. Getting the headshot and pistol kill medals is a good thing for the whole team because it increases the credits/xp awarded to the whole team. It's also faster to headshot someone in the bubble than it is to wait for the cooldown for Warp, even at 200% power recharge. Going for the biotic explosion is the best option when there are a lot of enemies in the bubble or very close to it, but that generally only happens either at the beginning of a round or when you're camping a spawn point (like the overhead areas on Ghost).

I really don't understand why people are complaining about this tactic. Dead is dead- doesn't matter how the enemy is taken down.

Back