Mass Effect 2 PC $30, Xbox360 $40 @Amazon

I had a $20 game credit on my Amazon account for the longest time from buying MW2. I didn't know what to spend it on, and didn't want to spend $30 on top of it just to use it. This would have been PERFECT. But, of course, it's expired.

Wow. This went on sale a lot faster than I would have expected.

As a person who primarily plays fps would I absolutely hate this game or is there some linear aspects of the game? Most rpgs I dislike because I either have to look up where to go next or I just end up going in the wrong direction and waste an hour accomplishing nothing. I've never played a rpg on the PC before and this looks well enough done and is sci-fi themed so its piqued my interest a bit. I just want to have an idea of the style of gameplay before I bite.

As a person who primarily plays fps would I absolutely hate this game or is there some linear aspects of the game? Most rpgs I dislike because I either have to look up where to go next or I just end up going in the wrong direction and waste an hour accomplishing nothing. I've never played a rpg on the PC before and this looks well enough done and is sci-fi themed so its piqued my interest a bit. I just want to have an idea of the style of gameplay before I bite.

Mass Effect 2 implemented a similar system that games like Dead Space have. Hold down the right analog control(360) and it gives you a pointer telling you what direction to go.

And where ever it tells you go go, search the opposite directions, cause theres always money/gear/etc hidden in the opposite directions some where..

Its really hard to get lost.

All major levels have over head maps with all major locations marked on the map.

I say 30 dollar gamble is worth it..

Google some video's online for gameplay.

The game is fairly linear, and most of the RPG elements that you'd find in ME1 or DA:O have been stripped and/or simplified to the point that ME2 is really more of an OTS action game (like Gears Of War) than it is an RPG. You'll still pick what abilities you get, but the ability trees are fairly simple. You'll get to pick what you equip, but you won't be on the net crunching numbers to figure out if visor A is better than B. You'll get to pick which planet to visit and when, but once you're there it'll be pretty straightforward as to where you need to go.

With that said, this is an amazing game and you'd be doing yourself a disservice to pass on it, especially at this price.

Great deal on a great game, I primarily play fps and the way the RPG elements are setup in ME2 are slick and streamlined especially having hotkeys for your henchman abilities is a huge improvement over ME1.

I know DA:O is an awesome game, but I could never progress very far. I guess too much RPGness for my liking, not entirely sure why I dislike it.

The ME2 RPG elements might be a great stepping stone for FPS people to jump into a full fledged RPG, try it out :D

Back