Mass Effect 2 now or wait....

I'm stuck with a small question and would like some help with people who have purchased the downloadable content for Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 2 is on sale for under 15 dollars for the next day, and I'm tempted to buy the game for that price, since it's the lowest I have seen by far and don't see it going near this price anytime in the near future.

However, I am someone who waits for the game of the year and ultimate editions of games before I buy them now, if I know there will probably be a bunch of downloadable content coming for the game I wait for the full experience at a decent price in one shot. I am currently looking forward to finally play Dragon Age with the Ultimate edition coming up at the end of the month. I already regret getting Red Dead Redemption because they have already announced a game of the year edition coming out soon with all the downloadable content on it.

My question is, is the downloadable content any good? does it add much to the story? If it does I will wait. If not, I will probably pick the game up. I am really looking forward to playing this game, just don't want to regret not being able to play the full experience again.

there is some solid DLC. worth a buy for 15 bucks. easy.

If you don't mind waiting, then you might as well, as the DLC in ME2 is definitely worth playing. ME1 never did get a proper GotY release, but if DA:O is any indicator, ME2 will. It wouldn't surprise me if Lair of the Shadow Broker is also the last DLC release for the game.

I think the two that were any good was overload and lair of the shadow broker.
IIRC there were two other story driven DLCs - Kasumi or sumthin and another where you had to find dog tags. I think they weren't too well received.

Then there were mini DLCs - like new armour etc.

Anyway here's a list of them:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/

The main game itself is fantastic and the mechanics are different from ME1.
Took me a bout 1/2 hour to get used to them, but when I did they worked better than the 1st game.

I played ME1 and loved it. My brother got it too and loved it so much he got the sequel and bought the sequel for me as a gift on Steam. I just started playing it and it's awesome. I haven't tried out the DLC though.

I'm on my 3rd replay of ME2 and still enjoy it. Overlord and Shadowbroker are excellent DLCs, too. $15 is a nice deal for a great game.

Here's what I suggest:
Kasumi - Stolen Memory
This gives you a new character (who has a lot of dialogue) and a new sub-machine gun. Kasumi is one of the best characters (and many people she would be the best love interest). She has two unique moves (one you can get after beating the game, and the other pretty damn powerful).

Lair of the Shadow Broker
This gives a great mission, and gives some closure to Liara (or continuation, if you romanced her in ME1 and were faithful). I look forward to seeing how this influences ME3 (won't give any spoilers).

Optional
Overlord - gives some and long missions to do, but doesn't do much for the plot. Yeah, you get to use the Hammerhead, and the missions have lots of content, but it's noting special (in my opinion). Good if you want to stay in the ME universe for a few more hours, but that's it.

Other stuff
Pointless, in my opinion. The extra guns and armor aren't that good. You're better off modifying the coalesced file to change the weapons you have. You can even use some mods to make your gear look different (since I think the DLC stuff looks like crap anyway).

Thanks everyone, sounds like I'll just wait since the downloadable content adds alot to the game. I really want to play the game, but I'm glad I waited for the Fallout 3 Game Of The Year and I'll be glad I waited for Dragons Age Ultimate Edition. I'm sure when it eventually comes out I'll be glad I waited for Mass Effect 2 whatever edition.

Back