Mass Effect 2 - No Eyefinity Support

Intel_Hydralisk

Supreme [H]ardness
Apparently they are now officially not supporting eyefinity for Mass Effect 2. If I recall correctly... weren't they supposed to roll out an eyefinity patch? Either way, they made it official that they have no plans to ever support eyefintiy:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1533069/2

Hey,

While ATI's EyeFinity product is really cool, BioWare did not commit to supporting it on Mass Effect 2.

The link to the PC Games Hardware article posted by boredtotears001 does not quote a specific ATI or BioWare rep, so I can't really comment on it. The link to the image posted by noquarter7 is a list of *potential* titles and developers from an ATI slide presentation, not an actual list of supported titles. See the ATI rep's comments in this thread:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18199

That being said, we did investigate the possibility of adding this support in a patch. Unfortunately, what we found indicates that it would not be a quick or simple change. Therefore, we can’t add EyeFinity support to Mass Effect 2 at this time. Should that change in the future, we will let you know.

Thanks!

Don M

They did it for dragon age. I wonder if the problem isn't technical as much as artistic. Some of those cut-scenes probably have trash or nothing around the side edges of the screen. Think about the edges for the intro movie, G-man dialogue, and endgame action.

They did it for dragon age. I wonder if the problem isn't technical as much as artistic. Some of those cut-scenes probably have trash or nothing around the edges. Think about the edges for the intro movie, G-man dialogue, and endgame action.

I'm wondering if it could be an engine issue. Wouldn't be the first time something in how they coded to game with the engine messed with something they wanted to do.

They did it for dragon age. I wonder if the problem isn't technical as much as artistic. Some of those cut-scenes probably have trash or nothing around the side edges of the screen. Think about the edges for the intro movie, G-man dialogue, and endgame action.

They can easily default to a letter-boxed camera for the cutscenes like Assassin's Creed 2 (even though I think it was unnecessary for AC2).

I'm wondering if it could be an engine issue. Wouldn't be the first time something in how they coded to game with the engine messed with something they wanted to do.
The engine ... as in UE3 which has plenty of eyefinity supported games?

I think what it boiled down to was that it wasn't as easy as changing 1 or 2 lines of code so they couldn't be bothered.

The engine ... as in UE3 which has plenty of eyefinity supported games?

I think what it boiled down to was that it wasn't as easy as changing 1 or 2 lines of code so they couldn't be bothered.

They had engine issues with the first game related to DLC, which is why I mentioned it.

Exactly, and I don't blame them at all. Are they really going to spend that kind of time making this title work with eyefinity if it isn't an easy fix? To what end, supporting a tech that that VAST majority of gamers don't have?

Back