mass effect 1 and eyefinity, anything changed?

master noran

2[H]4U
Hey guys, I picked mass effect 1 today from the steam sale and was really quite sad when I saw that the hud was all messed up at 3600x1920. I did some reading and it turns out it doesn't really work on anything other then portrait eyefinity and single monitor setups but like I said at 3600x1920 which is my prefered res (luckily I don't use landscape eyefinity) the hud's are streched out and I can't see them fully. Has anything changed? can I somehow mod something in a ini file to change the way the Hud shows up?

Last edited:
Most older games will have poor or no support for eyefinity. Luckely my screens can tilt from portrait to landscape easily. I am also running 3240x1920 and sometimes grouping the screens can cause driver issues.
I would suggest un-grouping your screens and playing the game only on one screen in landscape mode. Unless you want to send an email to Bioware asking for an update ;p

Nice post, I too am interested to know about this. That game is way too good to pass up at $5.00 and part 2 standard is $9.99. Meh to the digital deluxe edition, but still, I game at 3240x1920 and would like to know if there is a fix for this as I've been meaning to play these 2 games and both for $14.98 seems ridiculously too good to pass up.

Most older games will have poor or no support for eyefinity. Luckely my screens can tilt from portrait to landscape easily. I am also running 3240x1920 and sometimes grouping the screens can cause driver issues.
I would suggest un-grouping your screens and playing the game only on one screen in landscape mode. Unless you want to send an email to Bioware asking for an update ;p

Yeah I'm aware of the eyefinity negatives. Like I said It's basically ok at 3600x1920 but was specifically wondering about if there are any possible ways to change the hud FOV so it fits inside the screens.

edit: I can't believe it, I found a ini file with something called hud scale, changed it to 0.20 from 0.95 and sure enough it would even more out of screen, gonna see if I can find the perfect value. I just can't believe no one else found this.

2nd edit: Spoke too soon, I thought it had worked but was wrong. Changing the values does nothing from what I can notice in the game.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm aware of the eyefinity negatives. Like I said It's basically ok at 3600x1920 but was specifically wondering about if there are any possible ways to change the hud FOV so it fits inside the screens.

edit: I can't believe it, I found a ini file with something called hud scale, changed it to 0.20 from 0.95 and sure enough it would even more out of screen, gonna see if I can find the perfect value. I just can't believe no one else found this.

2nd edit: Spoke too soon, I thought it had worked but was wrong. Changing the values does nothing from what I can notice in the game.

Damn sorry to hear, just about an our after I posted this I got this game gifted to me from a family member LOL. I haven't downloaded it yet as I'm sure it'll be slow due to the million people already downloading it today LOL

I really hope there is a fix for this. :( Now that I own the game too

Changing the FOV after enabling the console did nothing either. This is a shame, seems like such an easy fix.

edit: Took another look and there's nothing that I could find that fixes it. Guess I'm gonna have to go with 1920x1200 for this game. But at least the second one supports 3600x1920 with no issues.

Last edited:
Holy shit. So I side graded to some U2311H's and booted the game up at 3240x1920 and just about shat myself when I saw the hud looking fine. I showed this pic to somebody who had played the game and he said it's all there.

Don't know what to make of this.
2011052400001.jpg

Holy shit. So I side graded to some U2311H's and booted the game up at 3240x1920 and just about shat myself when I saw the hud looking fine. I showed this pic to somebody who had played the game and he said it's all there.

Don't know what to make of this.

Looks like good news for me!! Is the problem only apparent in 16:10. My panels are 16:9 so 3240x1920 is my gaming res. M.N. does you think I will get the full hud? I have yet to install the game from steam.

Looks like good news for me!! Is the problem only apparent in 16:10. My panels are 16:9 so 3240x1920 is my gaming res. M.N. does you think I will get the full hud? I have yet to install the game from steam.

I tried the 35..x1920 bezel correction res and no go so I would assume it's an issue with 16:10. But I have no idea at this point, nothing makes sense. Really suprised no one mentioned this anywhere. I did some ini file changes so It might have something to do with that. Give a try and if it doesn't work I will paste the ini file info here for you to try.

I tried the 35..x1920 bezel correction res and no go so I would assume it's an issue with 16:10. But I have no idea at this point, nothing makes sense. Really suprised no one mentioned this anywhere. I did some ini file changes so It might have something to do with that. Give a try and if it doesn't work I will paste the ini file info here for you to try.

Thanks would appreciate. I really hope it works and I get the same full hud in the pic you posted above. Nice find.

I am back here to report that I just played mass effect 1 @ 3240x1920 with a full hud. I did nothing to FOV it simply works for me in portrait eyefinity without any hitches. I had to launch the game in a window to get it to work in the first place though.

I should hope that 3240x1920 would work ok. @ 17.1:9.6 it is very close to 16:9.

Please, if you would do the rest of us a favor and post your results over at http://www.widescreengamingforum.com if you get it working. It is prolly about the best place to get help getting Eyefinity/Surround/THTG working in older games.

Back