Marvel Vs Capcom 3 confirmed

Wow Chris Redfield was surprising, this will be awesome though, as long as they go with the SF4 2.5 style.

Hirotoshi Shiozaki said a few months ago and said he would love to do a new Darkstalker's game if Capcom would allow him the fundiing in the 2.5 style and I was hoping Capcom's annoucement was just that but still a win regardless.

Nothing is going to be cooler than a 2.5D Iron Man

Looks like Tatsunoko engine. No 2D sprites=Fail. Won't be Mahvel...

Same thing can be said for street fighter 4. Times are a changing.

Oddly enough, I'm upset by this announcement. I always hated the VS games with a passion. And there are already to many fighting games out and not enough community for them. I don't see how splitting it up even further will help.

I do look forward to the epic bitching once it comes out and people have to deal with the changes. If you though SF4 was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Just please don't change the mechanics from mvc2 too much please!

They really need to get away from MVC2, that was one of the main reasons I quit playing fighters at the arcade and moved to playing them at home... and kinda drifted out from doing that after a while.

The VS series has always been an "easy mode" version of a fighting game. Dial a combo, very easy supers, that relied on other stuff to be interesting... but even then it just wasn't that fun.

I'd say dial it back to xmen vs sf days and let it roll. Even back then the games didn't compare to say SF Alpha, or even KOF, but they weren't the mess they became after.

I'm sure they are going to change it. Look at how much SF4 changed things up. And as much as I would have wanted a carbon copy of several of the older ones, I realize they couldn't sell it to new people without changing some things, and would get savaged on review sites.

It's going to change. The question is are they going to try and move the series back and add some things, ala SF4, or are they going to try and TvC it.

Some of you are the complete opposite of all my "hardcore fighting" friends.

They all think MvC2 is one of the greatest fighting games of all time. One of my friends bought a cabinet, they all have been to tournaments, and all of them have it on DC and PS3. (including myself)

They have bought sticks solely for this game, for the DC and DC adapters for the PS3.

I don't think there’s anything wrong with the VS games. Capcom vs. SNK?

One of my friends loves SF2, thinks SF2Remix is ok, and thinks SF4 is bad due to the game revolving around the focus attack.

I can't wait to get off of work to check out this out.

Some of you are the complete opposite of all my "hardcore fighting" friends.

They all think MvC2 is one of the greatest fighting games of all time. One of my friends bought a cabinet, they all have been to tournaments, and all of them have it on DC and PS3. (including myself)

They have bought sticks solely for this game, for the DC and DC adapters for the PS3.

I don't think there’s anything wrong with the VS games. Capcom vs. SNK?

One of my friends loves SF2, thinks SF2Remix is ok, and thinks SF4 is bad due to the game revolving around the focus attack.

I can't wait to get off of work to check out this out.
Capcom vs SNK is nothing like the Marvel VS series.

I own a CPS1 (original SF2), a CPS2 (Alpha series) a CPS3 (SF3 series) and an atomiswave (bought that for hokuto no ken). I use a supergun rather then a cab though as I don't have room.

I know a lot of people that did not like the VS series from the get go. The overly easy dial a combo system, the game play, ect.

In the end the Marvel series is by far the flashiest fighting series out there, but that style isn't for everybody. When it first game out, a lot of the old school players, hated it, and most still prefer SF or KOF.

This is also like the 2d vs 3d wars, a lot of 2d fighters, myself included, can't stand 3d fighters.

There are only two things we can be certain of with this game. One, it's not going to be exactly like MVC2 or play like it, and people will gripe. And second, the 2d "style" fighting game scene, is going to fracture again online.

They really need to get away from MVC2, that was one of the main reasons I quit playing fighters at the arcade and moved to playing them at home... and kinda drifted out from doing that after a while.

The VS series has always been an "easy mode" version of a fighting game. Dial a combo, very easy supers, that relied on other stuff to be interesting... but even then it just wasn't that fun.

I'd say dial it back to xmen vs sf days and let it roll. Even back then the games didn't compare to say SF Alpha, or even KOF, but they weren't the mess they became after.

I'm sure they are going to change it. Look at how much SF4 changed things up. And as much as I would have wanted a carbon copy of several of the older ones, I realize they couldn't sell it to new people without changing some things, and would get savaged on review sites.

It's going to change. The question is are they going to try and move the series back and add some things, ala SF4, or are they going to try and TvC it.
Quit your whining. Not everyone wants a super advanced fighting game that takes takes forever to get good at and learn how to use combos and everything, there are plenty of games like that out there. MvsC is just good pick up and play fun that, while pretty easy to do combos, is still very fun.

I never liked the Marvel games. Sure, there's a ton of skill involved, but I never liked the concept of air chains or everything seemingly hitting someone 50 times. Everything was just cranked up a bit too much for my personal tastes. Different strokes for different folks, though. It's why there are still pretty active Super Turbo scene and people still play Quakeworld.
I'll skip this one like I skipped the others, but I think it's awesome that they're making another one. There are a ton of people that love the series and love/hate the new direction, at least it's something.

Honestly, I think I'm content with fighting games for the moment. I've grown bored of Tekken, SSF4 covers that base nicely, and people still play HD Remix more than I figured. Even the UFC game wasn't too bad.
Until someone resurrects Eternal Champions, I'm happy with what we've got.

Some details released to Kotaku:

Capcom tells Kotaku.

"I'm really excited to be here so that I can share this information with you today," Ryota Niitsuma, the game's producer, told a room of journalists gathered last week in Hawaii for the game's unveiling.

Like Capcom's popular Street Fighter IV, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will feature 3D characters fighting on a 2D plane, he said. The game won't, however, use the same sort of graphics found in Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. Instead Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will run on an "advanced version" of MT Framework, the same engine that powers the graphics of Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5.

"Each version of MT Framework gets better than the previous version," Niitsuma said. "A lot of key staff are involved with this game and they wanted to use the engine they are more comfortable with."

Chris Baker, the manager of licensed games at Marvel Studios, said he was astounded to see the concept art for Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and said that in action it's just as amazing, calling the title a "beautiful, beautiful game."

Baker pointed out that Wolverine's look in the game hearkens back to the classic look of the beloved character. Iron Man, on the other hand, fits his contemporary look and The Hulk has a new visual style.

The shaders used on each character, Capcom's Seth Killian said, are what really make all of the characters so visually distinct in motion. Even Capcom's Ryu, he pointed out, is brought out in a new way with the help of the shaders.

So no SF4 engine? God I hope it's not going to be a 3D fighter.

They better release this on PC.
Fucking Capcom. They were doing so well with PC releases. WTF?

Piracy, they'd probably want to wait before letting anybody know. Given that SSF4 is already leaked for 360 I'm sure they are pissed.

But think about it this way. Capcoms main dev platform is MT, which is what this is on. MT is done on the PC and then ported to consoles. Their arcade platform is the taito type x2, which is nothing more then a core2 PC with embeded windows XP.

So Capcom is actually making all their games on a PC platform first and then pushing them out to consoles. I'd wager we will see it on PC slightly after the console sales.

Though for this game, why get it on PC? The majority of the fighting game community, including all the best players, are on console anyways.

I also hope it gets a PC release, especially with it using the PC-centric MT Framework Engine. But who knows, Capcom gave the PC a lot of love in 09, but this year, they seem to have tapered off, maybe piracy rates for their games were too high unfortunately. Fucking pirates, go pirate the damn console games and ruin those platforms! :mad:

I also hope it gets a PC release, especially with it using the PC-centric MT Framework Engine. But who knows, Capcom gave the PC a lot of love in 09, but this year, they seem to have tapered off, maybe piracy rates for their games were too high unfortunately. Fucking pirates, go pirate the damn console games and ruin those platforms! :mad:

They did pirate it on the console, before it's even out, this was for SSF4. That doesn't change overall piracy rates though.

And let's be honest, Capcoms fighter fan base is on the console. I have a PC capable of street fighter, but I'd NEVER play it on PC. All the hardcore base, top players, and the heart of the community is on console, or in the arcades. So playing it on PC, you're never getting the full experience or real competition. It's just not the right platform.

Now what I'd like to see happen, even though I know it won't, is for them to link the PC, PS3, and 360 so we can all play each other. Because right now all the Japanese players are on PS3, most of the good Americans are on 360 with a bunch on PS3 to play Japanese players. And you've got a bunch of people, myself included, that bought both a 360 and a PS3 to get the best of both worlds for online fighters, that's a pain in the ass.

If you don't have a console, you're stuck with the PC which is not a good situation here.

Still, just for my fighting game fix, I'm down the cash for 4 te sticks (yes I know I could have modded them) and 2x copy of each game, price is getting steep. :p

i might just buy a PS3 or Xbox 360 just for this single game ....

just like I did with the dreamcast and MvC2....

damnit, i want this game but hate the 360 controller for fighters (for everything else it's my favorite). i'd like to say this game will make me buy the ps3 (finally) but i'm hoping by the time this comes out i will have already blown a bunch of money on a PC for starcraft2/diablo3

damnit, someone buy me a ps3 so i can play this and the other exclusives i've been missing out on

I can't wait. I liked the last two a lot and I think I have more hours on X-Men vs. Street Fighter than any other fighting game.

Quit your whining. Not everyone wants a super advanced fighting game that takes takes forever to get good at and learn how to use combos and everything, there are plenty of games like that out there. MvsC is just good pick up and play fun that, while pretty easy to do combos, is still very fun.

That's why I could never get into the Post-Mortal Kombat 2 series. All the moves and fatalities got way too annoying to complete.

damnit, i want this game but hate the 360 controller for fighters (for everything else it's my favorite). i'd like to say this game will make me buy the ps3 (finally) but i'm hoping by the time this comes out i will have already blown a bunch of money on a PC for starcraft2/diablo3

damnit, someone buy me a ps3 so i can play this and the other exclusives i've been missing out on

So'k you can get the classic controller for 9.99 or less these days at gamespot or one of the others. It's just a Sega Saturn gamepad AKA the only 2D fighting gamepad you ever need.

Seeeega

So'k you can get the classic controller for 9.99 or less these days at gamespot or one of the others. It's just a Sega Saturn gamepad AKA the only 2D fighting gamepad you ever need.

Seeeega

This is for the 360? Is that the Street Fighter pad or another one? If that's only $10 I might end up getting the 360 version of SSF4, too.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice. I remember seeing those at Best Buy for something like $30, but that was 6-7 months ago.
At $10 I'd consider getting one. Do you know offhand if it'll work on the PC, too? I'm stuck using a horrible controller for PC fighting games.

Err...wait, it looks like there's a cord. Do you know if the cord is longer than the 360 charge cable?

Nice. I remember seeing those at Best Buy for something like $30, but that was 6-7 months ago.
At $10 I'd consider getting one. Do you know offhand if it'll work on the PC, too? I'm stuck using a horrible controller for PC fighting games.

Err...wait, it looks like there's a cord. Do you know if the cord is longer than the 360 charge cable?

Just suck up the money and get a madcatz TE or an hori HRAP SE/SA. Fighters were made for sticks.

There has to be a cord, wireless controllers are banned at all fighting game tournaments for obvious reasons.

No idea, somebody ran off with my 360 pad a while back.

ended up picking up one of these after I got SF4 for PC

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BLACK-SEGA-...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item27b123426c

its around a 6 foot cable.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Same thing can be said for street fighter 4. Times are a changing.

Oddly enough, I'm upset by this announcement. I always hated the VS games with a passion. And there are already to many fighting games out and not enough community for them. I don't see how splitting it up even further will help.

I do look forward to the epic bitching once it comes out and people have to deal with the changes. If you though SF4 was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Change is not always good. If you're as hardcore a SF player as you purport, you already know the issues "2.5D":rolleyes: introduced into SF4.

Mahvel at high levels is the antithesis of "easy mode". The execution required for that game is higher than damn near anything else. Defense also requires tons of precision. It already looks like (and is made by much of the same crew as) TvC. The writing's on the wal...it will be Marvel in name only. ZERO chance it plays right in that style.

To quote and agree with one of the comments on the video in the OP:

"i just felt God's penis in my mouth"

Change is not always good. If you're as hardcore a SF player as you purport, you already know the issues "2.5D":rolleyes: introduced into SF4.

I was far more impressed with Street Fighter 3's graphics when it came out than I am now with SF4's graphics now. I was psyched when I was the trailers, but the games enhanced graphics don't live up the trailers and I'd rather they go back to 2D and focus on balancing, mechanics and animation fluidity.

For me the gameplay differences in SF4 weren't related to the 2.5D, but more the actual game mechanics and speed. The additional planes never come into play after all.
In the case of Marvel - I'm no expert, but things are VERY fast and there's a whole lot of things going on at any one time. I can't really imagine them being able to capture that using the engine from SF4 without making the backgrounds completely empty and literally doubling the game speed. I'm not sure the animation would even hold up at that speed either.
I'm interested to see what it looks like for the sake of curiosity.

Change is not always good. If you're as hardcore a SF player as you purport, you already know the issues "2.5D" introduced into SF4.

I don't like 2.5d, and I never said I did.

But like it or not, change needs to happen for them to sell it to a new generation. We can all keep playing the same old games, and I do. But it's nice to draw new people in. Capcom will do what they need to do in order to sell titles.

I should be excited for this game. I loved MvC2 on the Dreamcast. But it was also one of the last fighting games I loved and spent any real time with. So while I should be jumping for joy and planning to buy a console specifically for it, I can't. I've fallen out of love with he fighting genre and I haven't found a single game since the death of the Dreamcast to draw me back in. Even those games that should like the Guilty Gear franchise.

I should be excited for this game. I loved MvC2 on the Dreamcast. But it was also one of the last fighting games I loved and spent any real time with. So while I should be jumping for joy and planning to buy a console specifically for it, I can't. I've fallen out of love with he fighting genre and I haven't found a single game since the death of the Dreamcast to draw me back in. Even those games that should like the Guilty Gear franchise.

It's settled then, the fighting genre is shit without Sega. I have declared it!

Back