Mark Zuckerberg's European Parliament Live Stream

its his way of descalating things and sounding concern but then saying FU i'm going to go cash my stocks/checks now. EU is extreme with punishments and random... i wouldn't doubt they go after FB harder than IE.

I never fell for his scam. I seem to have less hate for him though, I guess that makes sense. ;)

I thought FB was fine until they went with an IPO and then it seemed like everything went south from there. I have an account but never use it.....haven't used it since 2016 really....i need to removed more of the "information" on the profile page so they can't keep skimming crap off of it about me.

He completely side-stepped the shadow profile question. I find that to be frustrating that even though I don't have a Facebook account, they're going to create a dossier on me that I can't view and don't know what they're doing with the data. The EU Parliament seemed to be a bit more computer literate than Congress. That session was embarrassing.

While something needs to be done about facebook (and social media in general), the butthurt "no big EU" is getting tiresome...

There were quite a few good questions fielded by some MEP (censorship of those right of centre, what info is tracked of non-facebook users) HOWEVER the same old canned responses from Zuckerburg... The EU panel fucked it by bombarding lots of questions (the ego's of MEP's is sickening and each wanted to speak BUT before he did) allowing zukerburg to provide a general answer to the theme of a group...
How congress dealt with it was better (one senator would question then move on...). However that got the same answers.

The part that annoys me about the MEPS is: https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/22/...t-meeting-monopoly-antitrust-breakup-question
Manfred Weber asked whether the Facebook CEO could name a single European alternative to his “empire,”
So what! for starters being a monopoly isn't a criminal offence... how you got there, how you stay there and what you do with the position can be... The fact that there isn't an EU alternative isn't even up for discussion... are there alternatives? yes google+ (however good or not)... just because there isn't an EU one isn't the point.

Facebook needs to be regulated and downsized AND the EU needs to be broken up

You say that, yet they're the only ones big enough and so far with the balls to tackle some of these tech giants. Not a peep from the paid off US government and certainly not from every other lapdog, boot licking country (like mine). Once the "Leader of the free world" starts doing anything other than having a whinge on Twitter I'll care but so far good on the EU for taking it to Google, Facebook etc.

Zuckerberg just looks like a total dick. Not the least bit interested on anything this dude has to say. If I could get away with it, I would bitch slap him and take all his money.

The EU is basically organized the way conservatives wish the US was set up; its essentially just a confederacy. I'd argue the EU needs to go the full Union route, due to the inherent problems with Confederacies.

He completely side-stepped the shadow profile question. I find that to be frustrating that even though I don't have a Facebook account, they're going to create a dossier on me that I can't view and don't know what they're doing with the data. The EU Parliament seemed to be a bit more computer literate than Congress. That session was embarrassing.
I think the biggest difference is with the EU and congress is that the EU has their country to worry about and their specific citizens where the US just has to worry about getting the votes to stay and they money they are going to make by staying so they are asking irrelevant questions and push their own agenda with their questions. Essentially they are less united on the hearing than the EU after listening to the questions from both sides.
Zuck used the same canned responses he used in the Congressional hearings, it was another joke of a session.

Zuckerberg just looks like a total dick. Not the least bit interested on anything this dude has to say. If I could get away with it, I would bitch slap him and take all his money.
I'm pretty certain if you could get away with it you'd bitch slap him even if you couldn't take any of his money. You might even pay him to get away with bitch slapping him for the right price.

Back