• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mario Kart Wii

Version_3

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
4,076
I finally played it last night (had it for 2 weeks before I unpacked the Wii again).

Is it me, or does this game feel lacking in some ways? For example, there are more vehicles (bikes/scooters), but if you've played other mario kart's, you've played this one. There are two race classes that have tracks from the other games - not fun when those 2 classes are out of the 4 you start with.

The only thing different is the controls. Its cool to move like your driving I guess.

IMO, fun factor is WAY down from Double Dash.
 
I thought double dash sucked. Most people will agree, but it is only opinion.

This game is a ton of fun online though. Get a few friends and playing online is one of the most fun things you can do!
 
ght the game, played a bit online, did 50cc then a couple of cups on 100cc and havent touched it since, i think its pretty shit now actually, i did an impulse buy of the wii, mariokart and wiifit and am severely regretting it now.
 
Me and my girlfriend play it a lot. It's one of the only games she'll play against me.

What I truly loathe and despise is the blue shell. And, the sheer amount of times you get pummeled with it and any other cheap little power up when you are in first. Just last night I was in first for the whole race, but I must have got hit with that damned thing 5 times! In one race!
 
Loved every game in the series up to this one, hate this one. Cheating computer opponents, nerfed powerslide, ridiculous last-second blue shell (and 4 or 5 other weapons that the game gives to people who suck) "accidents," stupid unoriginal 'trick' system, overpowered motorcycles, underpowered karts, pretty much no innovation whatsoever. Only plus side that I saw to the game is that it allows you to use any of the control methods you're comfortable with, which is pretty cool.

Other than that though, this was by far the most evident Nintendo title where they're just re-selling the same old product to new buyers. Except it's actually even worse than all of the older titles.
 
Me and my girlfriend play it a lot. It's one of the only games she'll play against me.

What I truly loathe and despise is the blue shell. And, the sheer amount of times you get pummeled with it and any other cheap little power up when you are in first. Just last night I was in first for the whole race, but I must have got hit with that damned thing 5 times! In one race!

I hate team races for this reason. I can't tell you how often I've seen one team have people in 11th and 12th, get a lightning bolt midway through the last lap, and crush the other team by 30+ points. Its total crap and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
 
I think it's a fun game. Although it still has some serious balance and item issues. Overall though it's probably the racing game out for the Wii. Hopefully some deeper racing games will come out for the Wii in due time. I just really haven't seen any.
 
for me, it sucks. I am selling my Wii because honestly, it sucks, but that's my opinion.

I bought Mario Kart for reallly....reallyyy...cheap, and find it's just boring as all hell. It's not even fun for me to play it.
 
With this game, I had fun for a little while but I haven't touched it in a few weeks. Not since GTA4 at least.
Playing the computer's no fun at all because they seem to go out of their way to abuse blue shells and lightning in order to screw you.
Playing people online is kinda fun until you realize the bikes are overpowered and that the automatic setting plus the best bike (Spear) is nearly unbeatable.
It's better than Double Dash, but I miss the inadvertant balance from the N64. When you allow all 12 CPU opponents to use all of the power ups, there's just too much chaos.
I'm not sour grapes because I'm not good either. I've got about 9K online points and I'm one of only 3 people I've ever seen that has a star from clearing all of the levels with 1 star or higher, too. I really did try to give it a chance, but it's just not quite what I'd hope.
That much said - if you don't really care about winning and losing and if you're online with 3-4 friends, it is still kinda fun.
 
I'm suprised by all the negativity towards mario kart wii. I'll admit, I actually enjoyed double dash more than this one, I'm still having a blast playing online.

It's really quite competetive and not as random as some people make it out to be. An expert player will be able to come 1st place very frequently, but will on occasion place poorly due to back luck. My goal right now is to get myself up into the 8000's online.

This has actually been one of the best games I've played all year between PC, XBox 360 and Wii.
 
I'm suprised by all the negativity towards mario kart wii. I'll admit, I actually enjoyed double dash more than this one, I'm still having a blast playing online.

It's really quite competetive and not as random as some people make it out to be. An expert player will be able to come 1st place very frequently, but will on occasion place poorly due to back luck. My goal right now is to get myself up into the 8000's online.

This has actually been one of the best games I've played all year between PC, XBox 360 and Wii.

While the good player should usually win - it all depends on what vehicles are being used. I don't are how good you are. Someone using the Spear bike simply can not be caught unless they mess up. When you choose automatic, it just so happens to corner better than even the best drift will allow.
I know a good player when I see them and I know when someone's a pretty even match with me. With that said, I can choose that bike and literally be 1/2 lap ahead of them. Since you can escape the "POW" effect and lightning affects everyone - the only way to beat someone in that situation is a blue shell. If you don't get that - that bike will just keep beating you all day. Even the other bikes with a high top speed can do this to a lesser degree. There's no penalty to using automatic on the bikes as they can still wheelie at will. Their improved turn radius and higher speed outweighs the power slide.
 
While the good player should usually win - it all depends on what vehicles are being used. I don't are how good you are. Someone using the Spear bike simply can not be caught unless they mess up. When you choose automatic, it just so happens to corner better than even the best drift will allow.
I know a good player when I see them and I know when someone's a pretty even match with me. With that said, I can choose that bike and literally be 1/2 lap ahead of them. Since you can escape the "POW" effect and lightning affects everyone - the only way to beat someone in that situation is a blue shell. If you don't get that - that bike will just keep beating you all day. Even the other bikes with a high top speed can do this to a lesser degree. There's no penalty to using automatic on the bikes as they can still wheelie at will. Their improved turn radius and higher speed outweighs the power slide.

I actually disagree with you on that about the spear. I always get hammered while using it on automatic and it takes forever to get back up to top speed again.I think overall the Mach Bike or Flame Rider are much better machines and with the tight drifting and good boosting I can outpace nearly anyone, even the spear bike on auto if they get hit with items at all.
 
i love this game

you guys are crazy, yes its just another mario kart but i wouldnt want them to deviate from that. I'm just over 8000 online and i am still having fun with. I've done all the cups (going through and staring each of them now) all the time trials and been destroying people online.
My personal fav is Dry Bones on the Magikruiser... love that bike
 
I'll have to play some of you guys with the Spear just to show you how lame it can be. Cornering with it is the equivalent of a sliding "normal" bike but when you toss in some braking, you can corner even the sharperst turns. Spear + Wheelie = faster than any other bike even while slide boosting
It's why all but 2-3 of the top 50 people in the first tournament were using that bike...myself included.
Yes, it's beatable, but then again anyone's beatable. In a game where everyone is getting hammered by power-ups equally, it's the fastest vehicle in the game and it can 1-on-1 outrun any other vehicle that isn't in a gold slide (aka a Kart) or using a power-up.
The Automatic/Spear is the equivalent of Dry Bones/Dry Bomber from the DS game.
It's why I refuse to play it. I was legitimately beating better players with it, and there wasn't even any BS going on. I just had a better vehicle.
Now I only play Wario/Wario Bike or Toad/4X4.
 
Back
Top