• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mario Kart Wii

I really liked DD's two-driver mechanics. It makes for some fun co-op, and isn't something you see a lot of. I did miss the hopping, but the hopping mechanic basically broke the N64 game. I just feel like with each new game Nintendo makes it more random, which I find frustrating, not fun.
 
Anyone noticed slow-down in 4-player anything? E.g. battle or race, I could sometimes actually feel input lag - and this is coming from a wired GC controller. We were playing on a CRT TV, so that can go out the window. When we switched to 2 players online, that lag was gone -_-
Yes, there are definitely some frame rate / lag issues when four people are playing on the same screen. I was a little shocked at how bad they were, in fact.
 
I really liked DD's two-driver mechanics. It makes for some fun co-op, and isn't something you see a lot of. I did miss the hopping, but the hopping mechanic basically broke the N64 game. I just feel like with each new game Nintendo makes it more random, which I find frustrating, not fun.

I think the issue I had with DD is that they went too far in the other direction. Everything was essentially on rails. There were too many courses that only had a single path and a very obvious shortcut tossed in. The tracks were also very thin. It's as though they wanted to force you into racing everything a certain way. I like the wide courses that allow you to take odd angles, multiple paths, etc.
Gone were missed jumps, multiple paths, or really much variety. There were a few good tracks, but most were throw aways.
The N64 version had issues with jumping, but also part of that engine allowed for freedom of movement. Very little was "automated" and as a result, it gave lots of room for messing people up or doing advance techniques (like jumping off of walls to avoid shells) that could give better players an advantage.
The multiple character concept seemed cool, but it gave certain character combos the ability to camp with multiple powerful items with no penalty. You could just start a race slow, get TWO strong items and use one to catch up and the other to camp with.
 
Back
Top