• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Marantz SR4003 VS. SR4002

Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
41
In deciding what receiver to get I saw that there is a Marantz SR4002 and a Marantz SR4003 and it would appear to me that they are both the exact same receiver except for the look. The SR4003 has a more rounded look to it. As far as I can tell that is the only difference other than the price. The 4002 can be gotten for about 60 bucks less than the 4003 refurbished. Is that they only difference? Or am I missing something. Looks are nice, but for 60 bucks I can handle square edges....:confused:
 
Last edited:
Basically, the 4003 has a new remote and looks like the Reference series cases. It doesn't support any more decoding features than the 4002 from the specs sheet either. It really isn't different enough to support the extra money.

I have the sr4002 and am more than happy with it. It powers the following Energy speakers with ease and clarity:

2x C-300
2x C-100
1x C-C100
2x C-R100

I love it and have no qualms recommending it those considering it. I bought mine new(really good special made it $20 more than a refurb, and the warranty is 2 years longer with a new unit), but there are plenty of deals on refurbished units, and Marantz has excellent factory refurbishing that I wouldn't bat an eye with regards to purchasing.
 
Back
Top