• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mapping ALT codes to Keys...

Ashton

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
2,514
I'm looking for a way to map ALT code symbols (that is, specifically ALT-156 - £ and ALT-130 é) to other keys, preferably £ to ALT-3, and é to ALT-7

So far the keymapper programs I've found dont support the ALT codes, much less simple ALT-3 for remapping.

Anyone have suggestions?
 
The only way I can think of is to buy a keyboard with programable macros, or an international keyboard that has those keys natively. I've never used a keyboard that has those options; I'm not certain that ASCII code can be programmed into it.
 
The only way I can think of is to buy a keyboard with programable macros, or an international keyboard that has those keys natively. I've never used a keyboard that has those options; I'm not certain that ASCII code can be programmed into it.

That's annoying since I can remap for the Yen and Euro symbols...

My KB supports macros but there hasn't been any software that can recognize the macro keys since I got it (HP USB "Internet Keyboard with USB Hub" P/N 5183-9960 with 22 macro keys (5 media) + volume controls and 2-port USB 1.1 hub)
 
Back
Top