Mapping a network drive

hfusion

Weaksauce
Howdy guys. I'm not sure where to post this, so I will try putting it in here.

I do a ton of homework at home, and a ton of homework at school. I have tried installing various file management systems on my website, but they dont let me upload many files at once, especially when i have a directory or something I need to upload.

Do you guys know of anything I can use that would function like a mapped network drive, but work on my website? I am not sure how to explain it. instead of mapping a network drive to 192.168.10.2 (lets pretend thats a server), id like to map it to my personal website and be able to access it from home and school. A couple of people have said i should use webdav, but I do not have the ability to install that on my server =( Are there any other possibilities?

Also, it doesnt necessarily have to be mapping a drive, per say. I just need a system that will let me upload files from one location and retrieve them from another. All these other systems tat only let you upload one file at a time just dont work for me. I know i could zip the files, but that would really ruin my organizational structures :(

why don't you just FTP in, tell it to upload the directory, and walk away when its done?

Done it when I had a site. Many times.

alot of the files and stuff that im working with are website files. There is alot of index.html and index.php files, spread out through multiple directories. Everytime i went to update the files, re-upload, etc, i would have to rename them to something like index2.php and so on. It would take FOREVER. One folder I have has 14 sub-folders and each one has an index.php in it.

If your wondering why that makes a difference, its because when im at school, I dont always have FTP access. They have some thing installed on their network that wont let me pull down many files via ftp until it disconnects me. That why im looking for some sort of http solution

Ok i got something thats working good. Its a gmail drive extension, it lets me map a network drive straight to my gmail account.

Maybe try using something like FlashFXP, you can run it from a pen drive even. FlashFXP has file queuing, and may help you with your problem.

:(

I am using the gmail thing. it is really awesome. it works just like any normal hard drive plugged into my box, and i can access it with my laptop from anywhere.

Gmail Drive

Back