Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

wolf2009

[H]ard|Gawd
I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

i would just put a script in your startup folder....

net use <drive_letter>: \\path\sharename

I've had the same issue and have never really figured out a solution. I have one of my drive mappings to a shared folder on my corporate laptop (to monitor f@h). It will never reconnect it at bootup. Even with the "save password", it will always ask me to re-enter the password when I attempt to use the drive mapping. The drive mapping is still THERE, but it's not connected until I use it.

An annoyance, but not crippling. I've not heard of any solutions/workarounds, but would also love to hear what others have to say.

can u elaborate more on that .

Open Notepad.

Type in "net use F: \\network_computer_name\shared_name"

Save text document as "reconnect.bat" and put it in your Startup folder in your Start menu.

For example if I wanted my server named "Fileserver's" shared drive named "Storage" to be mapped to F: on my local computer, I would have:

net use F: \\fileserver\storage

Open Notepad.

Save text document as "reconnect.bat" and put it in your Startup folder in your Start menu.

For example if I wanted my server named "Fileserver's" shared drive named "Storage" to be mapped to F: on my local computer, I would have:

but it would still ask me for password, right ?

ermmmmmm....

Good question. One way to find out is to try it ;-)

Open Notepad.

depends on the type of network. If you are logging into an AD network it shouldn't ask you for it.
but try net use f:\\fileserver\storage PASSWORD /user\DOMAIN\USERNAME /p:y
the /p:y tells it to get the connection on each reboot.

depends on the type of network. If you are logging into an AD network it shouldn't ask you for it.

I knew about being in a domain and on an AD account you wouldn't be asked, but I wasn't sure about your average home user on a Workgroup account. Perhaps the Password parameter will solve that

well, if you have the password saved, than no worries... all the script does is reconnect your drives so you dont have to manually do it (by clicking on it in "my computer")...

i dont know what the domain is , how do i find that out. also the script ran without writing the username , password thing u suggested , but i had to enter username password manually .

Back