May 11, 2014 #1 C cpaqf1 n00b Joined Jul 15, 2011 Messages 16 Hello everyone, I just mapped a drive on my home network and was wondering if windows has anything to prevent errors while transferring files. thanks in advance
Hello everyone, I just mapped a drive on my home network and was wondering if windows has anything to prevent errors while transferring files. thanks in advance
May 11, 2014 #2 B BigBadAl Limp Gawd Joined Sep 16, 2010 Messages 349 FTP? Or use one of those applications that can check the integrity of source and destination when finished. Teracopy springs to mind
FTP? Or use one of those applications that can check the integrity of source and destination when finished. Teracopy springs to mind
May 11, 2014 #3 C cpaqf1 n00b Joined Jul 15, 2011 Messages 16 I mean, if I map a drive with regular windows folder&file sharing, does it have anything to prevent errors or do I have to use FTP ? thanks
I mean, if I map a drive with regular windows folder&file sharing, does it have anything to prevent errors or do I have to use FTP ? thanks
May 11, 2014 #4 B BigBadAl Limp Gawd Joined Sep 16, 2010 Messages 349 To be fair, unless you are shifting SERIOUS traffic on your internal lan, I doubt you'll have an issue. If you are shifting serious traffic, setup VLANS and some QOS. You can use FTP, and tell the client you use to use your mapped drive. Do you have any reason to suspect you will need error checking?
To be fair, unless you are shifting SERIOUS traffic on your internal lan, I doubt you'll have an issue. If you are shifting serious traffic, setup VLANS and some QOS. You can use FTP, and tell the client you use to use your mapped drive. Do you have any reason to suspect you will need error checking?
May 11, 2014 #5 C cpaqf1 n00b Joined Jul 15, 2011 Messages 16 not really, it was more a precaution. thanks a lot for your help
May 11, 2014 #6 G gimp [H]F Junkie Joined Jul 25, 2008 Messages 10,583 I believe Robocopy can do some sort of hash or integrity check. But no, nothing integrated in to Windows short of the command-line FTP
I believe Robocopy can do some sort of hash or integrity check. But no, nothing integrated in to Windows short of the command-line FTP
May 11, 2014 #7 T TCM2 Gawd Joined Oct 17, 2013 Messages 572 What does FTP have to do with verification?