Manually uninstall Norton 2004?

Tony123

Weaksauce
Hi guys. Right now I'm just sick and tired of my Norton 2004 Internet Security Professional. I tried uninstalling it (with ADD/REMOVE) and basically it wouldn't let me cuz it ran into "fatal errors" and such. I'm trying to figure out how to manually uninstall it. I google it and find out that symantec has a little download that will help uninstall it if ADD/REMOVE wouldn't work. I go to download it but I can't because, even if I accept the ActiveX controls on the page, it says I must accept the ActiveX controls.......wtf? So I called Symantec tech support.......they gave me ONE answer........go get the latest version on Internet Security :mad:

Can anybody here help me out manually uninstalling this??? I don't really know what to do outside of the ADD/REMOVE area so please help me out if you can.

THANKYOU for bothering to read my situation.

I don't have a direct link but go to symantec.com , search their knowledgebase and I'm sure you'll find the article, I know they have one for every other symantec product I ever tried to manually remove.

What was the file that Symantec had for you to download? Was it RnisUPG.exe? Which browser were you trying to download from? I was able to download that specfic file fine. I also found a file called SymNRT.exe. Try googlin' that and see what you find.

thanks to both of you BUT I was able to fend off the Norton BEAST on my own!!!

for some strange reason it would let my uninstall it unlike it was before

Congrats on shedding Norton. I'd run the uninstall utility anyways...just to help make sure the least amount of remnants are left behind. As Norton infects your PC all over the place.

Back