manually adding drivers (not the question you may be expecting)

tristan792

Limp Gawd
im in the process of still looking for assistance. i may be able to use sysprep, but i havent finished reading yet. but here's situation.

i have a ghost image that i apply to computers using a pe boot disc. (it loads the mini-os to ram disk, executes the ghosting program, then applies the image to the hard drive.) the hard drive is sata, however the image does not have the proper drivers. (for those wondering, the pe disc recognizes the hard drive by allowing me to use the f6 method at bootup.)

so my question is, how can i manually add the drivers to the windows installation once it has been applied to the drive?

while im in the pe, i have full access to the hard drive before and after the image is applied. i was thinking maybe id be able to update/add some files under the windows directory. maybe the inf or system32? thanks in advance to anyone that can help or at least tries to.

i posted this in general hardware even though in this case its specifically a hard drive question. i figure this information can be useful for any driver(s).

Back