Mancannon dropped off the planet, took my money and didnt ship the item I bought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, 2 weeks ago I paypal'd ManCannon aka **EDITED** for Rock Band 3 Mustang Pro Controller for Xbox 360 Sold on this thread listed below and it appears that I'm not the only one that's out their money with nothing to show for it.

I did start the refund process on Paypal, but I'm wondering if maybe something happened to the guy? He seems like a pretty regular guy on here, so I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. So if anyone knows him or knows how to get a hold of this guy could you do so and help us out?
Thanks!
Jeff

Heres the link to the thread.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1705733

Heres a copy of the post
All prices dropped! 7/21

Mad Men: Sold

Breaking Bad: Sold

The Pacific: Sold

Band of Brothers: Sold

Purchase both of these two and get them for $50!

Pillars of the Earth: Sold

Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box: Includes all three movies on Blu-Ray and DVD. Sold

Seinfeld the Complete Series (DVD): $90. This is exactly what you'll get: http://www.amazon.com/Seinfeld-The-...&sr=8-1&keywords=seinfeld+dvd+complete+series

Arrested Development all three season (DVD): $20

Everything is in excellent condition and all prices include shipping. Willing to do deals if multiple items are purchased but please no insulting offers.

NEW ITEMS!

Rock Band 3 Mustang Pro Controller for Xbox 360 Sold.

BioShock 1 PC Collector's Edition in perfect condition with completely intact Big Daddy figurine $40 shipped.

TWO MORE NEW ITEMS!

Deadwood Complete Series This is my personal favorite show of all time (tied with The Wire) and undoubtedly the coolest box set I own. I paid $150 to get it the day it came out, and it's now $100 on Amazon, so I'll let it go for $60 shipped

Rome the Complete Series $30.

Heres the Paypal Transaction.

**EDITED**(The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
Email:
**EDITED**
Amount sent:
-$30.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$30.00 USD

Date:
Jul 22, 2012
Time:
18:05:05 PDT
Completed

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've filed a Paypal dispute as well for the same reasons.

I just escalated my Paypal transaction with him to a claim, as payment was made on July 22nd and I've received nothing, nor has he bothered to respond to any e-mails or PM's that I've sent him. I'm sorry, but 18 days after repeated attempts to contact him (even through PayPal) is just too much. There are four of us now who are having this same issue with this guy... :rolleyes: I have a hard time believing somebody can't at least make an effort communicating with folks over a two week period that he has pending transactions with.

please edit real names before a mod gets angry, for they are full of wrath and most heavy handed upon the delete key :D

although if you said in your thread something like " Has anyone else not gotten bought items from 'this guys' FS thread please PM me and I might have useful info" I think that would be ok

Has anyone heard anything from this guy or has anyone got any refunds yet?

Pheww... I was going to buy the set of Band of Brothers and The Pacific from him. Luckily I didn't.

Pheww... I was going to buy the set of Band of Brothers and The Pacific from him. Luckily I didn't.

Heh, Those were the two that I *thought* I was getting...at least I paid for them. I escalated my claim in Paypal as well, and he has until the 19th to contact them before the next step. :rolleyes: It sucks that it's come to this... I really wanted those two, and have no tolerance for bad traders.

8 year user, last login 7/26. I'm willing to bet something bad happened to him or someone close. Good luck on getting your money back though.

8 year user, last login 7/26. I'm willing to bet something bad happened to him or someone close. Good luck on getting your money back though.

Yeah thats what I was thinking as well, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt for a while, but there comes a point where you have to draw the line.

Not one of you got a phone number?

Not one of you got a phone number?

Not worth the time/hassle for me for a $50 transaction paid through a credit card. It takes far less time to fill out a dispute form in situations like this. High dollar items, of course, are a whole different story...

Not worth the time/hassle for me for a $50 transaction paid through a credit card. It takes far less time to fill out a dispute form in situations like this. High dollar items, of course, are a whole different story...

Sorry but it takes 30 second to ask for a phone number and send a quick txt to verify it. Communication is key to these deals and if you don't have the time to communicate then you should probably stick with retail.

Sorry but it takes 30 second to ask for a phone number and send a quick txt to verify it. Communication is key to these deals and if you don't have the time to communicate then you should probably stick with retail.

You don't seem to realize that I'm not upset about this.

Phone number verification isn't what it used to be anymore these days. There's so many anonymous throwaway free numbers that can be used (i.e. Google Voice) that it really gives no further assurance above and beyond a PM.

Yeah phone number's aren't going to stop anything, it's just about opening avenues of communication. If he's landed in the hospital or something a friend/relative might pick up and give you more info. Anyway, not really much we can do right now besides wait and hope he shows up.

You don't seem to realize that I'm not upset about this.

Phone number verification isn't what it used to be anymore these days. There's so many anonymous throwaway free numbers that can be used (i.e. Google Voice) that it really gives no further assurance above and beyond a PM.

Who said you were upset? You dismissed getting a phone number on the basis of the time required vs a dollar amount but then change to dismissing it based purely on effectiveness. A phone number is simply another avenue of communication and communication is the key to trades here running smoothly.

Confused maybe, but not upset.

I doubt an 8 year old account would scam people over a couple small transactions of $30~. If his account was hacked, im thinking worst case scenario he could of made a new account and posted some sort of response by now.

Maybe something bad happen to him and he unable to post/follow up/etc. Years ago I had a neighbor who was a real "solitude" kinda guy. We never talked, he never had visitors... one day i noticed a bad odor, each passing day it got progressively worse... after 2-3 weeks I come home to see police and fire department at my apartment -- Guy died will cooking some eggs and had been there rotting for weeks.

Not saying this guy died, but i wouldnt rule it out -- car accident, natural causes, angry bookie ... who knows?

I doubt an 8 year old account would scam people over a couple small transactions of $30~. If his account was hacked, im thinking worst case scenario he could of made a new account and posted some sort of response by now.

Maybe something bad happen to him and he unable to post/follow up/etc. Years ago I had a neighbor who was a real "solitude" kinda guy. We never talked, he never had visitors... one day i noticed a bad odor, each passing day it got progressively worse... after 2-3 weeks I come home to see police and fire department at my apartment -- Guy died will cooking some eggs and had been there rotting for weeks.

Not saying this guy died, but i wouldnt rule it out -- car accident, natural causes, angry bookie ... who knows?
Yeah that's what I was saying and I tried every form of communication except phone, since I did not have his number. That's why I was hoping someone knew him and could vouch for him or something. I'd gladly continue with our transaction, if he's ok and chimes in.

He logged into the [H]Forums on 8-16-12 at 8:04am apparently, and didn't respond to any PM's or e-mail's that I've sent him. Any word from anybody else on this matter? Did he or has he been in touch with any of you?

Paypal is supposed to move forward with my claim soon, and he had until TODAY to respond back with them about the transaction. As far as I know, they've not received anything either. Looks like I;m going to have to leave some negative heat feedback on a traders account for the first time in my life... :mad:

He logged into the [H]Forums on 8-16-12 at 8:04am apparently, and didn't respond to any PM's or e-mail's that I've sent him. Any word from anybody else on this matter? Did he or has he been in touch with any of you?

Paypal is supposed to move forward with my claim soon, and he had until TODAY to respond back with them about the transaction. As far as I know, they've not received anything either. Looks like I;m going to have to leave some negative heat feedback on a traders account for the first time in my life... :mad:

Yeah I wonder what the deal is then, I pm'd him again just to try and touch base with him and still no contact.

Just to let you know, this is still getting some attention. Just really not sure if we should ban him at this point, but he's logged in w/o replying to anything so it doesn't look good.

Mancannon if you see this giving an explanation ASAP would be a good idea.

Just to let you know, this is still getting some attention. Just really not sure if we should ban him at this point, but he's logged in w/o replying to anything so it doesn't look good.

Mancannon if you see this giving an explanation ASAP would be a good idea.

It really is a shame, because he had very positive heat feedback prior to this round of transactions. I was refunded my entire amount via Paypal, and while they won't confirm or deny anything I'm sure, I'd be willing to bet that he never even bothered responding to their requests for an explaination either. I screwed up during my Heatware evaluation of him and left his a neutral instead of a negative, but I'm sure the comments I left will leave no doubt as to my lack of satisfaction with the particular transaction.

I hope that the others who have dealt with him here have been successfully refunded as well. I know I'll not be dealing with him ever again... :rolleyes:

I was refunded as well. Who knows what his deal is, it sure does seem strange to me that he'd just disappear like this. I just wish he'd chime in and say what happened or something. Oh well, I hope everyone was refunded as well.

He wasn't logging on (so he couldn't be scamming anyone) so I wanted to wait and see if he turned up. At over a month of being absent though it's time to cut the cord, Mancannon has been banned.

Mancannon if you want to clear this up and have a good explanation, contact us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back