• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Manage Iphone without Itunes, on two PCs.

bigdavethehorn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
412
Hello all,

I'll be getting my hands on an Iphone 3GS in a couple of days, and have a couple of questions regarding syncing & content management.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not an existing Itunes user.

My work PC holds my contacts, calendar appointments, notes & tasks, and my personal desktop holds my music, video and pictures.

I'd like to sync the contents of both PCs onto the Iphone, but I've heard that the Itunes - Iphone relationship Itunes will only work on one PC, so, how can I sync two seperate PCs?

TIA?
 
Ok, done me some digging and I seem to have a solution to syncing the music and calendar, but not contacts.

So, can anyone suggest a method of syncing outlook contacts to an Iphone, without using Itunes?
 
may I ask what your solution is? Using iTunes somehow or some other software?

I used Media Monkey with my old ipod nano, but had to install itunes again for my ipod touch. But the pain of a few months of itunes use is getting to me. I just sync podcasts and manually transfer music and need to test whether mediamonkey can do that with my Touch properly. But would be interested if you found something else that works?
 
Music solution: http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php

Calendar solution: Google Calendar Sync (installed on desktop)

Contact solution: Create .csv from Outlook 2003, then upload to Gmail.

Note that these are all theoretical, I get the iPhone tonight. Now, if only I could find a utility to completely backup the iPhone, I'd never need to go near iTunes!
 
Back
Top