HardUp4HardWare
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Aug 30, 2005
- Messages
- 4,274
Small turbojet engines COULD lift a small person efficiently, the main issue would be fuel.
Precisely. He certainly wouldn't be able to go for more than a few seconds.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Small turbojet engines COULD lift a small person efficiently, the main issue would be fuel.
Precisely. He certainly wouldn't be able to go for more than a few seconds.
So not only is he flying around on an experimental platform with 4 jets, but he's wearing jet fuel?!Possible the pack he was wearing on his back might have had a camel pack in it full of fuel......... not sure about the added weight from it...... I don't know.
So not only is he flying around on an experimental platform with 4 jets, but he's wearing jet fuel?!![]()
I want one that I can ride to work. Screw rush hour....
The same company makes this crazy thing. They obviously have the engineering skill to pull this off. It's merely a change of propulsion method.
The same company makes this crazy thing. They obviously have the engineering skill to pull this off. It's merely a change of propulsion method.
I did notice that.
The video just posted does make it look more real - especially the effect on water.
Uh...no...the effect on the water looks like something done in an afternoon in AE or HitFilm. Especially since it's more of a smoke effect than a water vapor cloud. The initial takeoff shot with water ripples doesn't jive with the amount of thrust required or the wave pattern assuming 4 thrusters. And each 'water cloud' shot cuts away before interacting with the jetski, because that would take more than an afternoon to fake. The shot selection is just a little too convenient. It could be a brilliant promo for the latest compositing plugin tho. Too bad they didn't release the video 8 days earlier.
If they actually ship a real flyboard that flies for 3:55 with a tiny amount of fuel, well...then... I'd be wrong. For the first time eva. ;-)
Quoted and Noted: I'll hold you to this.
If they could make it shaped like goku's flying nimbus I bet they could make a bundle.
I guess the same jet engines could be used in a "jet pack" configuration for easier flying.
Not sure if having your back and legs impeding the flow makes it easier, much less fitting all 4 turbines needed for that lift back there.