Man Stabbed Over Video Game

what is with all this Canadian trash talk.. a lot more retarded stuff happens in the USA

It's true! I'm not gonna jump out in defence of the US, but it's worth pointing out that we have a higher population density so there are more chances for people to bump into one another to do something really stupid. Humans are pretty dumb no matter where they are, but when you gather them into groups the dumb is amplified. Canada has fewer groups and fewer chances for the idiots to collect which are to its benefit. I'm betting the per capita crime rate is lower, not because there are fewer morons in Canada (I mean really, Newfoundland... :() but because the population pressure is reduced.

I know, that doesn't explain Japan, but that's a whole different wild tangent for another thread. :)

I know, that doesn't explain Japan, but that's a whole different wild tangent for another thread. :)

I really don't know what you are getting at. People kill each other for retarded reasons in Japan too.

You don't really hear about it over here though. Everyone just wants to talk about how they're not violent, etc... yea right

People have been stabbed over things more trivial than this... and there are many other individuals consumed by their hobby or an otherwise normal activity to the point where it becomes "their life".

He's lucky the attacker wasn't Asian! He could have done massive crit damage. He should have just stayed home and logged back on. noob!

Can someone explain to me how this happens in WoW? How does the game work, I have always been intriguied by it but I tend to get sucked it.

Getting called in the middle of the night because of a boss spawn? You mean you have to wait until it spawns and then hope someone doesn't beat you to it.

I enjoy the gear grind as much as anyone, but seriously?

quote-from-man-stabbed-21674.jpg

I really don't know what you are getting at. People kill each other for retarded reasons in Japan too.

You don't really hear about it over here though. Everyone just wants to talk about how they're not violent, etc... yea right

Ask me that same question again when this same thing happens in Japan so we can derail that thread together with something that's properly close to being on-topic. :)

Why is he charged with assault when he should be charged with attempted murder.

If you stab a knife through someone's sternum it's pretty clear you don't want them to live anymore. The kid knew what he was doing because let's face it he spent countless hours stabbing things in WoW.

Not attacking video games at all - don't know how Canada does justice up there, but if I had to guess he will be well cared for by tax payer money, told it wasn't his fault and that he's sick, eventually he will be released back into society where more than likely he will hurt someone else.

I don't care how much "help" someone gets, if you as a person are dumb enough to try and kill someone because of a few words, I don't think someone like that has a place in regular society.

It's true -- people have been killed for a lot less, I remember one article a few weeks ago where a guy was shot and killed just because he asked for a cigarette from someone.

I just suppose it pisses me off that there are all these terrible truly messed up people that do a few months in jail and are then back doing what they did before. We've all heard the story about the town drunk who has 13 DUI's but still always finds their way behind the wheel. My general outlook is that we have 7+ billion people in the world, society as a whole can afford to get rid of the bad ones who's wiring is all screwed up.

No. Retarded shit happens wherever humans can be found.

Yeah. The motto for humanity should be something along the lines of "Hey. Watch THIS!"

Or maybe "Dur hur hur".

It all works out about the same in the end.

I don't know grabbing someone by the throat and stabbing them is not only pretty bad ass it will also likely come in handy in prison. He could of just shot him American style which is far less elegant.

Why is he charged with assault when he should be charged with attempted murder.

If you stab a knife through someone's sternum it's pretty clear you don't want them to live anymore. The kid knew what he was doing because let's face it he spent countless hours stabbing things in WoW.

Not attacking video games at all - don't know how Canada does justice up there, but if I had to guess he will be well cared for by tax payer money, told it wasn't his fault and that he's sick, eventually he will be released back into society where more than likely he will hurt someone else.
Murder charges require some level of premeditation and are difficult to prove and obtain convictions for while assault charges are fairly simple to prosecute and generally carry stiffer penalties than (attempted) manslaughter.

I don't know grabbing someone by the throat and stabbing them is not only pretty bad ass it will also likely come in handy in prison. He could of just shot him American style which is far less elegant.

I don't know if I'd call a gun less elegant. Far less dangerous to the killer, has the distance advantage, and can be potentially cleaner than knife combat. A gun is definitely less hateful and less personal.

I don't know if I'd call a gun less elegant. Far less dangerous to the killer, has the distance advantage, and can be potentially cleaner than knife combat. A gun is definitely less hateful and less personal.

I guess elegant might not of been the best word to use. Pulling a trigger is easy. Choking and stabbing someone has to be somewhat difficult. Which makes it more manly and more Canadian.

I guess elegant might not of been the best word to use. Pulling a trigger is easy. Choking and stabbing someone has to be somewhat difficult. Which makes it more manly and more Canadian.
statistically men are more likely to use firearms and women are more likely to stab...just food for thought so think twice before angering a woman :D

“He said, ‘It’s not just a game, it’s my life.’”

LOL

He should just stab himself next time.

statistically men are more likely to use firearms and women are more likely to stab...just food for thought so think twice before angering a woman :D

Women just grab what is close to them.....Get it.... because they always be in the Kitchen.

Man Stabbed Over Video Game

That's nothing. I was once threaten to be "shot in real life" by an overzealous halo player (we were sitting in the same room).

Video games are more than just games to many people. People should learn to understand this, alot of them are very competitive and others require tons of time devotion. Mario is just a game. Getting called over the phone by your guild in the middle of the night because a dragon spawned and you wanna down it before other people do means it's more than just a game.

Sure bud.

If you are going to stab someone over a video game you have issues.

If I was the kid that got stabbed I would have went back there with a baseball bat and broke every bone in his hands make sure he could never pickup a keyboard again.

Men will also generally kill for far more reasons and with less provocation. They'll also kill with no emotion involved in some cases. Something as simple as money or whatever can often be the motive. Women are usually emotional killers. They almost always know their victims and hate them for a particular reason. Reasons which may not even make any sense.

No. Retarded shit happens wherever humans can be found.

Yeah. The motto for humanity should be something along the lines of "Hey. Watch THIS!"

Or maybe "Dur hur hur".

It all works out about the same in the end.

Yet they still teach that humans are supposed to be the apex of evolution. If evolution is viewed as a whole, humans are an anomaly. You're a freak of nature, or someone's bad experiment gone wrong. Maybe the bible's right and you were once something better, screwed it up royally, and humans as they are now is the result of that. Either way, you don't see this sort of thing in the animal kingdom. There is no such thing as a dumb animal. In nature, stupid gets you dead. Humans allow stupidity to flourish within their own species, and by stupidity I don't mean lack of intellect. Forrest Gump was simple, not stupid, and he was right when he said stupid is as stupid does. Stupid is letting a video game make you so angry as to stab someone, texting while driving, and any number of things that are seen on the news and failblog.org every day.

But all Canadian men are either lumberjacks or mounted police...

lol

Sigh, if only you guys realize how many bloody faces have resulted from Madden,NBA, MvC2 etc video games where its better to play against a friend........

Did everyone gloss over this or just didn't take the time to question if this guy is for real?

(PRE-BC) Four world dragons spawned randomly and top guilds would rush to kill them in hopes of finding poison resist gear to prepare for instance bosses in Naxxramas.

In fact, there are people who gets paid by sponsors to play in competitive tournaments.

Those people are usually smart enough to not get bent out of shape and stab someone...oh, and not Canadian. :p

Back