Man, am I a stupid n00b!

mchammer

Limp Gawd
I reformated my machine 2 days ago and have been logging on as the 'Adminstrator', so I get home tonight and am tired of hitting enter everytime I boot into windows xp pro. So I switch the settings in User Accounts and now it has an account with my name and a guest account.

Needless to say all my shortcuts and bookmarks are under the "Adminstrator" account, so how the flying monkeys do I get that account back? I tried searching around but my pairing of words leads me to believe I'm slow in the brain. Thanks for any help.

although the login screen does not show the administrastor account it is still there, you can press ctrl-alt-delete on the login screen and you can type it in.

C:\documents and settings\administrator\

under there will be start menu, desktop etc.
copy all those to your account in
C:\documents and settings\yourname

You guys are beautiful, got it done, so on to flaming my n00bness, I'll even join in :D Thanks

mchammer said:
You guys are beautiful, got it done, so on to flaming my n00bness, I'll even join in :D Thanks

:flame:

mod edit: odoe - hey now, no flame pics, even jokingly. it just opens the flood gates to take the thread off-topic

You can use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to do this, too.

.B ekiM

feigned said:
:flame:

mod edit: odoe - hey now, no flame pics, even jokingly. it just opens the flood gates to take the thread off-topic

Ok, go ahead and close the thread please. Thanks to all for the advice.

Back