Malwarebytes Puts Antivirus Cleanup Program on a USB Stick

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A new product from Malwarebytes called Techbench will make it a fairly simple procedure to check multiple computers for malware without going through the installation process.

The drive contains Malwarebytes' own antivirus software plus a protection system called Chameleon used to force a scan even when malware is trying to block its operation.

then again i tend to misplace my usb sticks quite often....lol

shame u cant edit front page threads :(

The only issue I see is that it is $399.00 per year. This effectively makes applicable to business only, or possibly the fairly busy "Home IT repair person" . I can not too many people picking this up even if you are your families go to IT repair person.

They need to drop the price by a $100 to make it attractive.

I would say they need to drop it by $ 200 at least. I could also see paying 150 or possibly 200 for it, if it had a lifetime license. 400 per year is just not practical.

The price will spur the pirating of this.

Yep. I work at a pc repair shop and I'm sure the owner will have us pirate this. If it was a lifetime sub then I maaay be able to convince him to pay for it.

I would say they need to drop it by $ 200 at least. I could also see paying 150 or possibly 200 for it, if it had a lifetime license. 400 per year is just not practical.

I agree. 400 a year is definitely nowhere near where the price should be.

Yep. I work at a pc repair shop and I'm sure the owner will have us pirate this. If it was a lifetime sub then I maaay be able to convince him to pay for it.

Careful you don't tell this to a lot of people. If the makers of software find out they can sue your shop and you will have to pay through the ass.

$400/yr hahahahahahahahahahahaha

have fun selling 12 copies

Hope owner never gets caught. Hefty fines, would probably put him out of business.

Not that I would pay that price, but I don't think it work for me as most of my malware removal is done remotely.

and why is this news? this has been possilble for years.

A WinPE or Nix live thumb drive, and A/V, Anti malware, and system tools of your choice. A lot cheaper, for not that much work.

A WinPE or Nix live thumb drive, and A/V, Anti malware, and system tools of your choice. A lot cheaper, for not that much work.

Ultimate Boot CD or UBCD for Windows. Both of those work. There is also another version available, but it uses some unlicensed tools, so it's not available through legit means. Still free versions, but not licensed for distribution.

I have a USB tool with a lot of tools that require no installation. Some have various renamed files to avoid detection by the virus, so they can run.

So I can Pay $400 a year for a Key that doesn't remove anything except the worst malware? Awesome!

Or I can use my key which has these five tools on it and it not only removes the worst malware out there, it removes all of the PUP's and Adware that 90% of users that drop their system off complain about. And it's a hell of a lot cheaper to boot.

ADWCleaner
Junkware Removal Tool
Combofix
TDSSKIller (Needs internet for Cloud Functions)
ESET Rogue Application Remover (needs Internet For Cloud Functions)

Save yourself $400 a year and just use YUMI. In addition to many live OSes it also supports the following antivirus tools and it's FREE:

————— Antivirus Tools —————

* Acronis Antimalware CD
* AOSS (Malware Scanner) system\stage1
* AVG Rescue CD (Antivirus Scanner)
* AVIRA AntiVir Rescue CD (Virus Scanner) ; does install to root of drive
* Bitdefender Rescue Disk (Antivirus Scanner)
* Comodo Rescue Disk (Antivirus Scanner)
* Dr.Web Live CD boot\module\drweb_bases.dwm
* F-Secure Rescue CD
* GDATA Rescue CD
* Kaspersky Rescue Disk (Antivirus Scanner)
* Panda SafeCD
* Windows Defender Offline

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

Careful you don't tell this to a lot of people. If the makers of software find out they can sue your shop and you will have to pay through the ass.
Especially with the BSA running ads (I heard one on the radio not too long ago) about cash rewards for informing on your employer.

Cool, but way too expensive, considering you can roll your own for free (or use one of the many other livecd's.)

Wonder if it has a write-protect tab... kinda miss those from the first usb sticks.

This is retarded, it doesn't even BOOT from the fob!

Make it bootable, include a remote diagnostic (rdp/vnc/etc) mode that needs no open ports, drop the pricing and/or change the licensing, then we'll talk... It's a huge flop, otherwise.

Would be handy if....Malwarebytes actually worked.

I've used it on and off for years but over the past two or three its detection rate is virtually zero.

Not a good product anymore.

That's way to much heck I used a free one that boots off CD the other day to get that stupid cyber crimes crap off a customers computer. If this was life time for like 100-150 I would get it. But 400 is way to much. Hell I bought like 15 copies of maylwarebytes with life time keys from new egg the other month for 12 bucks a key.

Save yourself $400 a year and just use YUMI. In addition to many live OSes it also supports the following antivirus tools and it's FREE:

————— Antivirus Tools —————

* Acronis Antimalware CD
* AOSS (Malware Scanner) system\stage1
* AVG Rescue CD (Antivirus Scanner)
* AVIRA AntiVir Rescue CD (Virus Scanner) ; does install to root of drive
* Bitdefender Rescue Disk (Antivirus Scanner)
* Comodo Rescue Disk (Antivirus Scanner)
* Dr.Web Live CD boot\module\drweb_bases.dwm
* F-Secure Rescue CD
* GDATA Rescue CD
* Kaspersky Rescue Disk (Antivirus Scanner)
* Panda SafeCD
* Windows Defender Offline

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

Awesome tool! Thanks for the heads-up!

$400 per year....Hell no, especially for a special use USB fob that doesn't do that much.

Hirens Boot CD. Done load your own and make a usb boot yourself. 400 a year what a joke.

Back