Malware Database?

merc141

Limp Gawd
Well about a week ago I got a bad trojan or something that has grinded my computer to a halt . Its absolutely useless at the moment. Something keeps popping up, about 30 seconds or so, saying you have this virus or that trojan and by the way we have some Spyware software to sell you.

So that prompts this question: Is there a searchable database somewhere that I could check the to see if the names of certain software include known spyware/trojan/viruses? Even better would be the names of processes associated with malware.

I am only asking because I have to go through my computer and check everything that I have downloaded for the last few weeks. Anything to speed up this process would be great.

look in c:/windows/system32 for any new dll or exe that is brand new.

look in the startup folder for your profile and "all users"

Look in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
for any odd entries

clear out all your temp folders

google before you delete anything

If you have a popup promoting a sale, then you have spyware. There's a thread dedicated to the removal of that stuff.
I suggest running superantispyware, then try windows defender and run hijack this if needed.
PCHell has tips for specific removal instructions as well.

The spyware sale spyware is called WinAntiSpyware. You'll find a ton of help Googling that word.

This is one of the more annoying spyware.

Back