Making password for file sharing expire?

whrswoldo

2[H]4U
Here's my situation: I have 2 computers, one is my gaming computer and the other I use for storage mainly (and F@H ;) ) My gaming computer has automatic logon with no passwords, although the other (which has things stored on it that I would rather people not have acces to) is locked up like a vault. I get into it using vnc through a direct gigabit connection. When I want to acces files on it I log in with a username and password, don't check save password, although I can close any windows I have open and get back into it without entering my username and password again. After a restart I have to once again enter my username/password although it will remain saved until I restart again.

I'm not sure if my gaming computer is keeping my password saved until I restart or if the other computer is just allowing the session to stay open, but either way I would like for the session to expire either after I close the window for the folder I'm accessing or after a certain time limit. Is this possible?

BTW both computers are running XP pro. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Back