Making New Windows Open at Full Size

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
Is there a way to make it so that when I open IE or My Compuer, the window will automatically be maximized?

Thanks

I think (doing this from memory) If you open a window, then click the maximize button in the top right corner, then close the program by going to "File, then Close (or Exit depends on the program)" it will work.
Also if that does not work and you just want the window to be as big as possible, resize it by pulling the sides to the desired size then right click on the top, pick size, click anywhere, then close it down by "File, Close" it should now open to the stretched out size every time.

I just checked on "my computer" and the first one works, so dont bother downloading that program, no offense to the program, its just not needed.

EDIT: Both of those methods work, but you want the first.

ninethreeeleven said:
EDIT: Both of those methods work, but you want the first.

No, you want the second (resize window, then close) otherwise ctrl+n and popups (target="_blank"s and such) use the unmaximised unresized window dimensions.

rhy7s said:
No, you want the second (resize window, then close) otherwise ctrl+n and popups (target="_blank"s and such) use the unmaximised unresized window dimensions.
but I can't resize it to full maximized size

It's only a few pixels different, you could reduce your window borders if you want shave off that little smidgen more. Compromise and maximise after resizing to full screen so that launching IE will give you a maximised window but child windows won't be cramped.

Back