• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Making Network Storage System Questions

jordan172005

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
426
I am thinking of starting a project and would like some opinions. I have this subwoofer box

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harmon-Kardon-H...ZViewItem?IMAGE467252.x=154&IMAGE467252.y=126

I have already put a 250w powersupply inside of it and hooked it up to the cord comming out of back. I removed the ATX cable from it and connected the greeen wire to a switch and a ground to the switch. The switch works perfectly and turns powersupply on and off as it should. I plan on putting atleast 4 hard drives inside this. I am wondering is there anyway to hook say 4 hard drive up to something that'll have a cat5 female connector so I can plug a cat5 cable into it and plug into my router and share this device?
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you're looking for something that you can hook up to ethernet, you would've been better off with the atx connector intact ;) There exist embedded devices that do that, but they're generally expensive, part of an integrated solution, and not real fast. I prefer the flexibility and expandibility of a real computer. An epia will work fine, or a mobile-on-desktop like the Core Duo 1. Put Linux on it, run Samba, done.

 
Back
Top