This may seem like crazy hacks, so I do not recommend..
but if to keep this thread open for a question about the steps in making a motherboard "industrial strength"
I have found the magical liquids you can apply, epoxy thick to runny, potting, insulating, etc...but it seems makeshift and .. well.. as pansy as an oe motherboard. I can guess it is for warranty respect, vaseline is slapped in a vid card...
Anyway, I have been building ten years. The IT certs have been in my favorites, and never go for them. Just books and over 100k hours with computers...it was supposed to be a hobby, but then reading "the" scott mueller book and my own benchmarking program..well, I guess I got in to more than I intended...
I found the same demise in 3 of 11 systems I have built. Exactly the same error, 3 different setups entirely....all different parts from ground up, different mobos... The most hours acheived was 23900. The hdds keep going, all the components, and the psu is my second loser to the motherboard (#1 fail).
I have taken steps to REALLY make a strong freakin board after reading up on a panasonic camera I bought that passed military specs for shockproof, to the point of waterproof, and can survive a plane crash..
how did they do it?
the entire circuitry is submerged in epoxy, resistors, regulators, the whole freakin thing...then wrapped in its tight case. I will not say what chemistry I used on my psu (my mobo is next) but would love to get some ideas about what others have done, say for a pc in their chemicalled garage, making explosive proof etc etc.
If I can be assured what I used is the ultimate, I would mention it...but I do not need criticism, I want to talk about it.
but if to keep this thread open for a question about the steps in making a motherboard "industrial strength"
I have found the magical liquids you can apply, epoxy thick to runny, potting, insulating, etc...but it seems makeshift and .. well.. as pansy as an oe motherboard. I can guess it is for warranty respect, vaseline is slapped in a vid card...
Anyway, I have been building ten years. The IT certs have been in my favorites, and never go for them. Just books and over 100k hours with computers...it was supposed to be a hobby, but then reading "the" scott mueller book and my own benchmarking program..well, I guess I got in to more than I intended...
I found the same demise in 3 of 11 systems I have built. Exactly the same error, 3 different setups entirely....all different parts from ground up, different mobos... The most hours acheived was 23900. The hdds keep going, all the components, and the psu is my second loser to the motherboard (#1 fail).
I have taken steps to REALLY make a strong freakin board after reading up on a panasonic camera I bought that passed military specs for shockproof, to the point of waterproof, and can survive a plane crash..
how did they do it?
the entire circuitry is submerged in epoxy, resistors, regulators, the whole freakin thing...then wrapped in its tight case. I will not say what chemistry I used on my psu (my mobo is next) but would love to get some ideas about what others have done, say for a pc in their chemicalled garage, making explosive proof etc etc.
If I can be assured what I used is the ultimate, I would mention it...but I do not need criticism, I want to talk about it.