Making collumns that I resize in MS Config 'stick'

videobruce

Limp Gawd
I have used MS Config for years being one (probably only other than 2000) of the better ideas from M$.
What I don't like is when I resize a collumn, it doesn't 'stick'. Namely the "Command" collumn under "Services" (too narrow), the "Manufacture" collumn under "Services" (way too wide) and the "Service" collumn (too narrow).

What I also would like to do is enlarge the window with the ability of remembering those changes.

I did come across a small program called Resize (or something like that), but that only allows resizing the program window one time. It won't remember the change and you have to have the this program running just to do that. That isn't any help.

Any ideas??

I wouldn't even bother messing with msconfig then. StartUP CPL 2.8 is free and gives you more information.

I keep re-reading the OP and I still can't figure out what he/she/it wants... ;)

When you expand the msconfig window out to see the full path or info on a process, it doesn't hold those settings the next time you run it. I solved that issue a few years ago by switching to StartUP CPL 2.8, and I haven't looked back. It even has a standalone version to run off my PortableApps.com drive.

Ah... yeah, I had some inkling that's what was being referred to. One thing I've practically hated since 2K came out is the damned MMC... I cannot STAND the fact that it's impossible to force it to remain in a static configuration as each task or pane is different or resets every freakin' time I start it up. Highly irritating. :)

I keep re-reading the OP and I still can't figure out what he/she/it wants...
My English isn't clear enough??

Resizing the collumns, resizing the window, then making those changes "stick' when you open it up the next time so you don't have to go through all of that again. :rolleyes:
I cannot STAND the fact that it's impossible to force it to remain in a static configuration as each task or pane is different or resets every freakin' time I start it up.
Right click on 'Services', Computer Managermnent', 'Local Security Policy' and/or 'Performance' and change the "s" to "a" and any changes will 'stick' the next time you open that console. :eek:

Well, to be honest, yeah, your English and sentence structure could use some work, not to mention the "M$" thing... <wants to put the rolleyes emoticon but but but...> ;)

Most people use MSConfig once in a blue moon sooo... I do use it but I've never once had a reason to resize any of the columns in its displays, sooo... if there's an issue I need to resolve I remove the keys from the Registry and skip messing around with MSConfig, it's easier that way for me.

And I'm using Windows 7 so things are a wee bit different nowadays. Regardless, the last tidbit is meaningless as well... geez.

"What we have here... is a failure... to communicate..."

your English and sentence structure could use some work, not to mention the "M$" thing
What exactly was wrong with my "structure"? I have reread my OP and I don't see how any of that can be misunderstood. Compared to 50% of the other posts I read, I would give my "structure" a A+. As far s the "M$ thing", what about it? Are you another big business, corporate monopoly fan?
Most people use MSConfig once in a blue moon
Do you have a link to something that backs that up? I use MS Config as much as I use Services and Task Manager. About the three only halfway decent M$ programs around.
"What we have here... is a failure... to communicate..."
You were the only one that didn't understand the post.

What exactly was wrong with my "structure"? I have reread my OP and I don't see how any of that can be misunderstood. Compared to 50% of the other posts I read, I would give my "structure" a A+. As far s the "M$ thing", what about it? Are you another big business, corporate monopoly fan?Do you have a link to something that backs that up? I use MS Config as much as I use Services and Task Manager. About the three only halfway decent M$ programs around. You were the only one that didn't understand the post.

Maybe you should be using linux,

As far s the "M$ thing", what about it?
I can answer that. I skipped it above, because I figured it was obvious by now, but here's the explanation.

When someone uses M$ to stand for Microsoft, it screams the following: "I'm a childish little whiner who hs nothing better to do but whine about Microsoft, despite the fact I use their products and probably have no idea what I'm talking about....so just ignore what I say, or don't give much thought or effort to my question. I'll be in bed by 9 PM anyway, because that's what my mom set as my bedtime."

Now I'm not saying that applies to you, but drop the M$ bullshit and it will help people take your posts seriously. We don't need lectures on corporate greed and big business, as most of us are out in the world and right in the middle of it. This is an enthusiasts forum, where people come to help each other.

As far s the "M$ thing", what about it?

It's not 1998 anymore. It's immature and it causes people to roll their eyes and not bother with posting in your threads. It makes it look like you came from Slashdot or something.

Back