• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Making an 'universal' CPU block

Daravon

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
82
I have access to the machine shop tomorrow and in the absence of better ideas I decided to make a CPU block as a nice easy project. Figure I'll go for one of the 'sandwich of two pieces of plate with a circituous path milled in one or both' variety.

The problem is I don't have access to my computer (mATX DFI with 939 and 3700). I figure if I just make the block, then I can figure out some way to mount it with screws, springs, whatever later. Say I just make a 2.5x2.5 square one with the water inlets on the top in opposite corners...Do you think that would be workable/mountable/ram clearable?
 
If you use a lexan mounting plate, it should be fairly simple to re-drill holes as needed.
 
Back
Top