• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Make WinXP fonts look purty

Nem

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
110
I was at my Uncles today and I used his Mac with OS X on it to go on the internet. I quickly noticed his fonts looked amazingly nice on websites. So I went home determined to figure out how to make windows do this and after about 10 minutes I made XP look purty...

-Right Click Desktop and Select Properties
-Select Appearance Tab
-Hit Effects Button
-On the second drop down list change standard to ClearType
-Hit Ok
-Hit Apply

Then open your favorite website with text and see how purty it is!
 
Congratulations on discovering cleartype. I think most people discovered it in.. oo.. about 2001? Thanks anyhow :)
 
Well I told it to about 5 people so far and they hadn't seen it before so not everyone knows about it and I just wanted to share some knowledge, but thanks for thread crapping.
 
Originally posted by Nem
Well I told it to about 5 people so far and they hadn't seen it before so not everyone knows about it and I just wanted to share some knowledge, but thanks for thread crapping.

Nice work sunshine. You'll go far here :)

Hey... did you see that video of the fat kid pretending to be a jedi?
 
while the rules specifically spell out what is and isnt allowed
there are also unwritten expectations of helpfulness and decorum

saying Im disappointed, would be an understatement
especially treating a new member to such a welcome
Nem, when something like that does occur,
its best to ignore it, not escalate it ;)
 
Back
Top