My new 128GB Verbatim SSD arrived today and figured to make sure it worked.

The left top run shows the drive freshly quick formatted from computer management. I found a program over at OCZ forum to do a forcetrim on the drive and you can see in the left bottom run 2 the drive pickup the 4k write speeds dramatically. Again this is brand new out of the box!!
I didn't like some of the scores I was getting so figured for the samsung I'd do the optimize (from the Magician program) which you can see the difference between middle top and bottom runs.
On the right side is my old 2009 G.Skill 64GB JMicron drive with 2 runs to show nothing really changes.
Test were on a Sata II bus of a ASUS M3A78-T mobo 750 southbridge. Not great by any means but have no need to upgrade yet.
Found it interesting that the Verbatim beats out the 830 on seq read/write on Sata-II but assume its due to it being the OS drive and that the drive is somewhat filled up.
Now I just need somewhere to use the verbatim drive. Was gonna stick it in my PS3 till a working 500GB Momentus XT arrived finally.

The left top run shows the drive freshly quick formatted from computer management. I found a program over at OCZ forum to do a forcetrim on the drive and you can see in the left bottom run 2 the drive pickup the 4k write speeds dramatically. Again this is brand new out of the box!!
I didn't like some of the scores I was getting so figured for the samsung I'd do the optimize (from the Magician program) which you can see the difference between middle top and bottom runs.
On the right side is my old 2009 G.Skill 64GB JMicron drive with 2 runs to show nothing really changes.
Test were on a Sata II bus of a ASUS M3A78-T mobo 750 southbridge. Not great by any means but have no need to upgrade yet.
Found it interesting that the Verbatim beats out the 830 on seq read/write on Sata-II but assume its due to it being the OS drive and that the drive is somewhat filled up.
Now I just need somewhere to use the verbatim drive. Was gonna stick it in my PS3 till a working 500GB Momentus XT arrived finally.