make copy of cad program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moto316

n00b
im about to buy a cad program and i want to burn 2 exact copies of it so that there is no difference in installation from the 3 of them, i want to be able to just put the cd in and install it like its the original copy, its a free student license so i dont have to worry about that licensing stuff. how would i go about doing this,what program would i need, should i just drag and drop the files or should i make a special iso image? its cadkey version 21.5.

why do you need more than one copy? and generally you are only supposed to use those student copies on one mahine.

because a couple fellow students of mine are pitching in on the total price and in exchange they want their own copies

Yeah, me a 100 buddies want to all pitch in a dollar and get a copy of winXP. do you see the problem with this?

If a program cost money, then yeah, you need to worry about that licensing "stuff".

Not to mention the fact that this is the Gaming and Gaming Equipment Forum...

I almost feel bad for making an IBTL post.

Oh well, IBTL.

Have you contacted Microsoft so see if they could give you a special version in which all you and your 99 friends could have a legit copy. Could even be cheaper than buying that pirating tool.

moto316 said:
its a free student license so i dont have to worry about that licensing stuff.
Oh ok, that sounds ok.

moto316 said:
because a couple fellow students of mine are pitching in on the total price and in exchange they want their own copies

Hmm, that doesn't sound like a free student license anymore. Did they recently change that on you? What a dirty trick! :eek:

:rolleyes:

Talking about pirating software = not allowed.
Plus you didn't even manage to get the right forum. Geeze.

moto316 said:
its a free student license so i dont have to worry about that licensing stuff.

Just so you know in the future, this is never true. Free student license means you get one copy for one machine at a time while you are a registered student with the university. Remember this lesson, because you are fooling yourself if you think that it isn't piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back