Major Wifi Interference Issues

SAgosto

Limp Gawd
I have major WiFi interference problems and I cannot determine the cultprit(s). I have at least 3 machines using Wifi, iPad, iTouch, 3 phones, 5 wireless land lines, wireless printer, Roku, Wii, and playstation 2 (Wifi?) that are connected to a NETGEAR N600 router that sits on top of my fridge. I also have a Denon 2112CI that is hardlined to the router and WiFi speakers (http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/wireless-outdoor-patio-speaker.html) on the porch and wireless speakers connected via Rocketfish (Rocketfish Universal Wireless Rear Speaker Kit (RF-WHTIB)) in the living room where the Denon lives. The speakers wireless adapter is connected directly to the Denon which is on the other side of the wall from the router. My WiFi contantly drops off forcing me to reset the router every other day or so. Also, when I use the Wifi speakers on the porch, I get a lot of interference when using my iTouch/iPad's AirPlay. There's a button on the outdoor speakers wireless adapter to change channels but it just destroys the entire Wifi until I unplug the wireless adapter.

Is there a better router I should get to avoid these issues? I wanted a Wifi baby monitor but the wife is already breaking my balls as it is.

Rebooting a router wouldn't affect interference...either there is interference and that interference will be there regardless of the router being on or off OR your router sucks and resetting your WiFi actually fixes your problems. The only way resetting would change anything is if you're using auto-channel and it picks a new channel. In that case you should scan the channels during times of crappy connection to see if there is actually interference. Or just change channels vs resetting and see if it's better.

sounds more like your overloading the router than anything else.
I would get another router and use it as an access point on another channel.

also on top of a fridge is a piss poor place to put a wireless router.
You are getting reflections back into the radio from itself.

Most likely the rocketfish wireless speaker adapters. Wireless headphones, speakers and subwoofers are notorious for creating terrible wifi issues. 2.4ghz transmitters are dirt cheap, which is why they are found in cheap wireless audio gear.

Unplug yours and see if the problem is fixed.

Back