Major tempature change?

SavageThrash

Limp Gawd
Well since about day one of my Evga 8800gts' life ive run the fans at 100%, the sound doesn't bother me and cooler is always better right :cool:

So when i first got the card it would idle about 40 ish maybe, cant remember exactly. Im in an AC house and the temp stays about the same all year round. While it idled at about 40 ish it would get up to 50-52 playing css. I thought to myself wow thats not bad at all. Its now a few months down the road of my 8800 life and i have overclocked or changed anything since i installed it. Whats not making sense however is that the card idles much higher now and will hit 65c running dual instances of wow even if only one is up on the screen at a time.

I have noticed WoW does seem to drive the temps up much more then CSS but i played wow back then and still do now and never noticed the temps getting up that high. I havent changed drivers or anything since i installed it for the first time. Only thing ive changed is i added my x-fi but that is mounted as far as possible from the 8800 so i doubt that is the issue.

So i don't know whats causing this card to suddenly run so much hotter, any ideas?

also it seems that even with the fan speed set to 100% i get almost no air flow out of the back grill. Alot of the air seems to be just getting shot back out from around the fan shroud and not make it through the whole card... i have even thought that maybe the fan is running backwards 0.o

Dust.

Though its probably a combo of dust and house temps, has your CPU gone up at all? I know mine is running a few C higher the last few days.. time to get some Blow-Off or something :p.

Actully im not to sure about the proc, i forget how to tell the temperature of it using core them and all that tjunction stuff about it, i had a nice thread on it but cant find it >.< and searching is disabled.

Im HIGHLY doubtful its dust as ive only had the card 2 or 3 months and i have a cast filter in the front to 0.o

Back