Major NVIDIA announcement monday @ 9am PST

They were finally able to manufacture enough chips to send to reviewers because of low yields?

I know what they are announcing. I cannot say due to NDA.

You forget that it could be a paper launch on the 27. If its a mostly paper launch, then there is nothing to buy. Reviews could then happen with what few cards they have on the 29th, with availability in the coming months which has already been reported.

I have no idea if this is the their "big news", but BSN article is possible.

They are announcing a new partnership with Apple for updated MBP's with Optimus with availability immediately after.

Im just hard up for Apple to update :(

They are announcing a revolutionary change in re-badging technology...

The GTX5875 Ultra Spec C.

Who cares if the PCB is red and the heat sink is green...

They're making an announcement on my Birthday? Well shit, its probably gonna suck then.

"We've chosen today to alert you all that each owner of an Nvidia video card starting with the 6800 series may be subject to a full refund due to a very rare defect. This defect, under certain conditions, can cause a user's PC to explode with force powerful enough in some cases to flatten a single story brick and mortar based structure..."

" We are announcing that we are sorry............errrrrrrrrr............wrong news conference".......:eek::eek:

" We are announcing that we are owning all your video cards...........we are just not ready to announce when they will be ready...........but we DO have one that works and we are going to share it with [H]ard|OCP."

" We are announcing that we are owning all your video cards...........we are just not ready to announce when they will be ready...........but we DO have one that works and we are going to share it with [H]ard|OCP."

And thats when Kyle busts in out of nowhere and fist bumps the announcer:

"BOOSH! That is all..."

I know what they are announcing. I cannot say due to NDA.

Right. This coming from the known troll of the [H]. I'm sure you'd have an NDA, but whos to say your NDA stands for non disclosure agreement :p Hows that integrated graphics working for you? Or did you buy another GTX285 just to sell it again?

Right. This coming from the known troll of the [H]. I'm sure you'd have an NDA, but whos to say your NDA stands for non disclosure agreement :p Hows that integrated graphics working for you? Or did you buy another GTX285 just to sell it again?

Nasty Dinosaur Attack? Nvidia Doesn't Answer?

They are announcing a new, high-tech method by which to make fake graphics cards for their presentations.

Just thought it was worth mentioning, March 27th falls right in the middle of PAX East, which also hosts an Intel sponsored lan party. Could be some tie-in with that.

nVidia is announcing they have Fermented the Fermi and it makes great alcohol. :p

An announcement announcing an announcement! Awesome! If they announce the release date for consumer GF100 products, then... we'll still have to wait... ugh.

Since on board video chips on mobo's have been getting more powerful and video integration on the chipset has also developed I have expected Intel to buy nVidia as AMD has bought ATI.

They may need the know how of nVidia in order to be able to keep up with AMD when developing future generation integrated video chips.

Eventually we'll get the computer on a single chip including video.

CJS

They are buying ATI, rebadging the 5870 as a GTX 480, and jacking the price to $599

I see you and PS3 share the same sources ;) Anyone wanna bet this big announcement has nothing to do with Fermi?

His source works at Marshalls, my source works at Nvidia ;) - you be the judge

His source works at Marshalls, my source works at Nvidia ;) - you be the judge

Okay I'll play along. Since you can't say anything about the specifics of the announcement can you tell us this:

Was your reaction to the reveal(from your source) of the announcement "meh" or "sweet!".

wow, 70C idle, with 70% fan. 5% faster. Will they announce that on Monday? I could use this in my basement next winter. I guess I wont be using my 2 step ups.....

Last edited:
Back