Major Konami Announcements on Monday

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
MGS4 to the 360 is earth-shaking imo, but it appears as though they took the monday announcement thing down. Still, I'll be checking it out on monday.

I'd be happy if MGS4 would be announced for 360 just so

a) we could all stop discussing it

and

b) I won't have to buy a PS3

I'm guessing at least one of the news items will be the release date for Symphony Of The Night on Xbox 360 Live Arcade.

I'm guessing at least one of the news items will be the release date for Symphony Of The Night on Xbox 360 Live Arcade.

Oh, I hope you're right. I've been waiting for that since they first announced it months ago.

Silent Hill 5 I'm betting...

or DDR for Wii (already announced actually)

Dracula X for PSP

Really too many. I doubt MGS4 for 360....if so....man....I might need to sell mine

You've all got it wrong, MGS4 is coming to the Wii, NOW THATS earth shattering :p

Wait, let me take it back for a moment:
Didn't Kojima clearly state that MGS4 is having issues fitting on 1 BD, and that it would be virtually impossible (unless on a box set of DVDs) for the 360?
Oh wait, yes he did.
lol

But hey, if you guys believe in miracles...

Yeah, because no games on any system have come on multiple disks. Especially not the ps2.

Yeah, because no games on any system have come on multiple disks. Especially not the ps2.

I've never seen a 7 DVD set for a game (50GB BD disc). Have you?

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I remember Phantasmagoria for the PC being 7 discs. :-p

I've never seen a 7 DVD set for a game (50GB BD disc). Have you?

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I remember Phantasmagoria for the PC being 7 discs. :-p

Um...why are you assuming it's a dual layer blu-ray?

He's having problem's fitting it on one blu-ray (25) meaning about 4 dvds. Not really an issue.

Although I'm not saying it is or hoping...just stating it's possible.

Um...why are you assuming it's a dual layer blu-ray?

He's having problem's fitting it on one blu-ray (25) meaning about 4 dvds. Not really an issue.

Although I'm not saying it is or hoping...just stating it's possible.
I was under the impression that those were the issues he was having (with a 50GB BD).

If not, then my mistake!

It's just going to be a bunch of movies. If 360 games fit fine on a DVD9, there should be no reason that MGS4 require more than 1 BR disc.

Wait, let me take it back for a moment:
Didn't Kojima clearly state that MGS4 is having issues fitting on 1 BD, and that it would be virtually impossible (unless on a box set of DVDs) for the 360?
Oh wait, yes he did.
lol

But hey, if you guys believe in miracles...

Better provide a source, I haven't seen that ANYWHERE. It's highly, HIGHLY unlikely that MGS4 will need an entire BD disk (25GB, not 50, thanks), much less a 50. I realize PS3 fans smoke a lot of crack, but let's be realistic here, shall we?

It's just going to be a bunch of movies. If 360 games fit fine on a DVD9, there should be no reason that MGS4 require more than 1 BR disc.

It won't, and there won't be a bunch of pre-rendered movies, either. The MGS series has NEVER done FMV, it's always been real time cutscenes, and Kojima's already confirmed the same is true with MGS4.

He claimed that he might need more then a 25GB BR Disc because he is using alot of uncompressed HD audio. He wanted to push the audio envelope more then ever thanks to the higher capacity of the discs.

BTW Kojima never said it would be impossible to bring MGS4 over to the X360, rather he said a) it would require some changes and b) for him to care to port it, he would rather create a new title for every console rather then port a game between them all.

Um, you're wrong. Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes for Gamecube is two discs, and so is Resident Evil. (1st and the remake). I can think of a bunch of games that came on multiple discs. Also, Resident Evil Code Veronica for Dreamcast, Shenmue for Dreamcast... yeah, there are a bunch I could name right now.

Um, you're wrong. Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes for Gamecube is two discs, and so is Resident Evil. (1st and the remake). I can think of a bunch of games that came on multiple discs. Also, Resident Evil Code Veronica for Dreamcast, Shenmue for Dreamcast... yeah, there are a bunch I could name right now.

I see your sarcasm detector broke.

Improbable, but a new "Rocket Knight Adventures" could be cool. I loved the original on my Genesis.

Preferably still 2D, on the DS or something. Or they could be re-releasing the original on any of the classic game download services.

Better provide a source, I haven't seen that ANYWHERE. It's highly, HIGHLY unlikely that MGS4 will need an entire BD disk (25GB, not 50, thanks), much less a 50. I realize PS3 fans smoke a lot of crack, but let's be realistic here, shall we?

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=94011

GP: Resistance: Fall of Man uses 22 GB [edit: recently changed to 16 GB] of Blu-ray storage. Is that necessary for next-gen development? Is that massive storage something you'll need to make MGS4?

Kojima: Right away. We'll need more.

but he also said this:

GP: If you ever made an Xbox 360, would you find it difficult to work with because it uses a standard DVD?

Kojima: It's not necessarily challenging or difficult, it's just a matter of how we do it. It might be a couple of discs, or possibly a new form of dual-layer.

I laugh when I see that Resistance: Fall of Man argument pulled out for talk about needed tons of space. It's already been shown that there's padding on the disk, and I'm not sure about this particular game, but some developers are putting crucial data in duplicate spots on the disks to decrease load times, and gain faster access to date because the Blu-Ray drive is slower then a DVD-Rom drive. This is according to Bethesda's Todd Howard, and they are doing it with Oblivion, for the PS3.

So ya', the Blu-Ray disk holds more, but developers are padding the disk and putting duplicate data in various parts of the disk, to help decrease access time.

I laugh when I see that Resistance: Fall of Man argument pulled out for talk about needed tons of space. It's already been shown that there's padding on the disk, and I'm not sure about this particular game, but some developers are putting crucial data in duplicate spots on the disks to decrease load times, and gain faster access to date because the Blu-Ray drive is slower then a DVD-Rom drive. This is according to Bethesda's Todd Howard, and they are doing it with Oblivion, for the PS3.

So ya', the Blu-Ray disk holds more, but developers are padding the disk and putting duplicate data in various parts of the disk, to help decrease access time.

All true. PS3's BD drive is roughly HALF the speed of 360's 12X DVD drive.

Yeah, but then Blue Dragon is also a JRPG, which means there's going to be shitload of FMV movies.

Exactly... Oblivion, which if you do the side missions, is at least twice as long as Blue Dragon. That game is on one disk.

re: resistance being on BR and taking up 22 gigs

This always amuses me. Gears is on a 9 gig dvd, looks better than resistance, and yet resistance has over twice the amount of "data". Whatever that extra 13 gigs is,it sure didn't make RFOM twice as good, or even as close as good looking as GoW.

Back