Major HYDRA Driver Update Boosts Performance

HardOCP News

[H] News
MSI, leader in mainboards and graphic cards, announces the major HYDRA driver update - V1.5.106 - to the MSI Big Bang-Fuzion. HYDRA Technology supports up to 3-way cross-vendor multi-GPU processing and DirectX 11 for experiencing the latest and most detailed 3D gaming environments with the most flexibility of any platform. Gamers using Big Bang-Fuzion will be able to easily upgrade their systems with any graphic card of their choice.

Considering how many articles have covered the Eyefinity technology here at the [H], I would have expected to see more independent articles that covered this. Just sounds too good to be true. If it works, does it scale any decent level of performance? "Show me some charts and graphs already!", the scientist in me screams.

I want to know all of the above too. It would be awesome if I could throw a 5x70 in with my 285s :D for added performance! If it weren't for folding, I would run ATI for most of my rigs.

I believe that they already reviewed it when it first came out. It would be interesting if they would revisit it, and see what MSI means by "Big improvement" in performance. Most products are raw at launch because they are pushed out the door early. I would expect the same from this one.

I believe that they already reviewed it when it first came out. It would be interesting if they would revisit it, and see what MSI means by "Big improvement" in performance. Most products are raw at launch because they are pushed out the door early. I would expect the same from this one.

Kyle and company did review the MSI Big Bang Trinergy motherboard but it lacks the Lucid Hydra chip that the Big Bang Fuzion has. I do eagerly await a review of this motherboard by the [H], especially now that they claim to have made big improvements to its performance with this update.

I am more curious on the physical mechanics of how this is supposed to work. Like you have 2 ATI cards and one Nvidia card. Do you hook up the DVI cable to one card, and are all the other cards linked together by another cable. Is the linking of the cards done in the electronics in the board and you only need one DVI cable. Stuff like that!!

Also if you want to run 2 or even 3 monitors what will that look like?

Now that I'm running a mixed system with two highend cards (HD5850 graphics, GTX260 PhysX), Lucid Hydra is starting to interest me.

The GTX260 is no slouch by itself; I imagine it would lend a nice performance boost if combined with my primary HD5850.

Now that I'm running a mixed system with two highend cards (HD5850 graphics, GTX260 PhysX), Lucid Hydra is starting to interest me.

The GTX260 is no slouch by itself; I imagine it would lend a nice performance boost if combined with my primary HD5850.

DX10 + DX11. Bad plan.

Considering how many articles have covered the Eyefinity technology here at the [H], I would have expected to see more independent articles that covered this. Just sounds too good to be true. If it works, does it scale any decent level of performance? "Show me some charts and graphs already!", the scientist in me screams.

as I recall it does work but still had a LOT of bugs and driver issues to work out. still does. and using it prevents the major vendor features from being used (eyefinity, physx). I doubt its read for an H type review yet

That just means the GTX260 can't help out in DX11.

The two cards can sill work together in DX9 and DX10...which is what most games are still using.

this, I think the driver for hydra is what is DX whatever. the hydra simply divides up rendering task and then overlays them. it would still require DX11 hardware for DX11 renders but I don't know if it can run both (I don't know if it has to default to the lowest level or not)

I really don't think this will do a thing. I want it to, but I don't see it happening.

Back