Major Display Issue! Need Help ASAP! :-(

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,148
I currently have two BenQ FP9IG+ displays running in widescreen mode, and all of the sudden the two monitors lose their connections and refuse to load to the Windows XP desktop. Here's what happens: I turn on my computer and both monitors. The monitors work perfectly fine until I get to the Windows XP splash screen, and then all of the sudden the monitors go blank and then loop back to the motherboard splash screen (P4N Diamond). What the hell is going on here? My setup worked fine about 30 minutes ago.
 
could be one or more of several issues..
heat,
power,
corrupt software or drivers,
memory.

what the last few changes you made before the problems occured?

did you overclock? if so, try resetting cmos or go back to defaults.
 
ZeroH said:
could be one or more of several issues..
heat,
power,
corrupt software or drivers,
memory.

what the last few changes you made before the problems occured?

did you overclock? if so, try resetting cmos or go back to defaults.

I added a few Y splitters so that I could power some of the case fans, as well as the lights on the front of my case. After I added the Y splitters that was when my issues started, therefore I removed all of them, yet my problem still exists. As far as overclocking is concerned I am running at stock speed and stock voltage.
 
using splitters for fans shouldn't be a problem since they're fairly low voltage.. that is unless you piled a bunch of fans onto one molex :)

try unplugging the 2nd monitor just to be safe.

can you get into safe mode? if yes, try running a virus scan or going back to a restore point.

keep the case opened to keep the temps down if that is the problem. you got a house fan you can blow on it?
 
ZeroH said:
using splitters for fans shouldn't be a problem since they're fairly low voltage.. that is unless you piled a bunch of fans onto one molex :)

try unplugging the 2nd monitor just to be safe.

can you get into safe mode? if yes, try running a virus scan or going back to a restore point.

keep the case opened to keep the temps down if that is the problem. you got a house fan you can blow on it?

I tried a different power supply and I even switched around the video cards and it still has the same issue. Once again it makes it as far as the Windows XP splash screen and then the screen goes blank and it loops back to the motherboard splash screen. I've already tried hooking up one monitor and it the problem persists. I'm running out of ideas here. :(
 
ZeroH said:
try different memory?

did you try safe mode?

Before I try safe mode there's one more thing I want to say. I tried hooking up a Dell CRT display and the same thing happened, but before it looped I thought I saw a blue screen of death for a split second and then it looped back to the motherboard splash screen. Could this be a hard drive or memory issue? I'm just happy its not my new displays, thank god!
 
it could still be anything.. you need to go into safe mode and modify it so it doesn't automatically reboot after BSOD. To do this, right click on My computer, select Properties.
Go to Advanced tab and click Settings button for Startup and Recovery. Select Automatically Restart under System Failure. Click ok and reboot.

Then when it comes up, take a picture or write the info down from BSOD and google it or look it up on MS site.
 
Back
Top