Major CS:S Update

BETA.

2[H]4U
An update was just now released for CS:S. It is probably the most significant update for CS:S ever since the OB engine update. The update brings bug fixes, but most notable is the new model of accuracy for all weapons.

Cumulative weapon updates
All weapons now have a new accuracy model which fixes many bugs and provides more intuitive weapon behavior
Weapons now have separate accuracy penalties for jumping, landing, and standing on ladders
All weapons are now more accurate while crouching
Accuracy penalties for movement no longer have a discrete threshold, but scale between crouch move and run speed
All rifles are less accurate while running
Fixed bug that caused the glock to fire burst rounds on three consecutive tick frames. It now fires burst rounds with a 0.05 cycle time
Fixed a bug that cause the famas to fire burst rounds on uneven intervals (0.1 and 0.05). It now fires burst rounds with a fixed interval of 0.075.
Fixed bug for the bolt action sniper rifles that caused their zoom state to incorrectly toggle when holding down fire.
Fixed bug that would cause the suppressor state on the USP and M4A1 to not be accounted for correctly when the weapons were dropped with the suppressor attached and then picked up.
Fixed fast suppressor switch exploit
Decreased range of shotguns, while slightly increasing damage
Slightly increased damage of m249
Sniper rifles now zoom faster
AWP fire animation changed to match 1.5 second cycle time
Fixed burst fire prediction of FAMAS
Fixed animation issue with elite dry fire
Fixed timing of sounds on Glock burst fire
Weapon spread patterns are no longer square
Dynamic crosshair now uses actual weapon accuracy, rather than a separate simulation
Increased run speed for Galil and FAMAS
Increased FAMAS accuracy and reduced spread for burst mode
Increased accuracy of silenced USP
Increased accuracy of zoomed sg552
Cycle time for dual elites increased to .12 second
Fixed firing of "stale" burst mode bullets on glock and famas
Fixed reload animation issue with shotguns under high latency
Fixed bug which allowed a CT to defuse the bomb in the same frame that it exploded
Pistols no longer continuously spam weapon_fire event when the +attack key is pressed. This has the side effect of no longer allowing the glock to continuously auto-fire in burst mode).
Weapons no longer continuous cycle the weapon_reload event when the reload key is pressed
Weapons no longer continuously cycle the empty fire event (and click) when out of ammo and the attack button is held

Other bug fixes
Re-enabled the ability for max grenades to be set from server convars
Allow observing other players when mp_fadetoblack is enabled and mp_forcecamera is something other than OBS_ALLOW_NONE
Scoreboard is now more robust with user modified layout changes
Added defuser icons to CTs on the scoreboard; these are analagous to the bomb icons for Ts, in that they only are visible for team members and spectators.
Defuser, bomb, and VIP icons are now colored by team color convar.
Bomb/defuser icons are no longer shown for members of the opposing team when you are not allowed to spectate them.
Updated player max speed cap so that it no longer limits players to 240 movement speed
Allow player max speed to be changed by mods
Killing friendly players no longer increments the player stat for kills with enemy weapons
Round no longer ends when timer runs out and mp_ignore_round_win_conditions is set
Players no longer get weapon donation credit for buying, dropping, and picking up the same weapon
Fixed crash related to planting C4
Fixed positioning of hud_targetid; it now is correctly visible in wide screen aspect ratios and when spectating.
Updated the multiplayer options UI so that it offers more options for configuring the crosshair.
When dynamic crosshair is disabled, the crosshair is now completely static.
Fixed a couple of issues with the view offset when dead was fighting with the observer code.
Fixed a bug where the client would have a ragdoll entity in CS, but wouldn't have actually created a ragdoll which would give a one frame glitch in the death camera position setup.
Fixed an exploit where users could disable flashbang audio effects using alias commands.
Marked the "mat_diffuse" convar as a cheat to protect against exploits.
Fixed issue with buying multiple grenades when ammo_*_max were set to other than the defaults.

Reinstalled last night just to be ready for this, haven't played in a few years. But changing from the cone of fire model to what appears to be actual recoil is huge. Can't wait to get home and try it out. The dynamic crosshair also truly matching current accuracy is also an awesome change.

Crap now I need to re-learn to control my spray now that it has a different pattern. Big update though, can't wait to try it out :)!

Wait just a fucking minute. You can not continue to support and tweak a 6 yea old game. That's against all publisher codes of conduct and I won't have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be in Noob Hideout this weekend trying out this new update!!!

It's a no-AWP server

Been quite a while since I've played CS:S. I'll give this a try. Thanks for the heads up.

I'd enjoy hearing any first impressions on the new weapon accuracy model.

Let's massively overhaul CSS gameplay shortly before the released of a new CS game that everybody is already dubious about anyway. Sounds like pure genius to me.

It is bizarre, isn't it? If anything, couldn't it hurt sales of the new product, if people really like the new changes.

Nice! I might have to play some CS for the first time in a year or two.

Also, did some simple spray patterns on the wall with the ak/m4, and they appear to be the same they've always been? AK goes up and then to the left (makes a 7), M4 goes up, right, left then back (makes a T).

And I wouldn't have it any other way. Love me some does, just played this evening on the SO gungame server.

In fairness the game is horribly broken, every update for css/tf2 seems to brake something new in dods :( should go back to 1.3, you forget how awesome the goldsource engine is when you've been playing on the source engine for a while.

Roll the CS netcode back to before the horribly f'ing retarded lag compensation and client side prediction bullshit.

gaaaaaa i just deleted it 2 days ago to make room on my ssd. sighhhhhh time to dl it again to see whats up

Just engine updates, nothing of substance will ever be done to dods.

I know its an old game but there still are some major issues with it. I was just hoping for a lil something.

Let's massively overhaul CSS gameplay shortly before the released of a new CS game that everybody is already dubious about anyway. Sounds like pure genius to me.

Valve isn't the type of company that abandons their games after they release a new version.

they didnt seem to fix anything, they made things worse!

just played for the last 30 mins, i always use M3, it is not any stronger at close range what so ever..

people all over complaining about accuracy and hit not registering..

letting off half a round into someone and they walk over and knife you..

ya, time to go back to my other games. cs:s is worse now.

I run a bunch of Counter-Strike Source servers.
Feel free to check out the update on my New York server.
64.120.28.50:27015 thepantless.com Pub0 - dust2 24/7|No Awp/Auto|HLStatsX|66tic|

Steam connect here
steam://connect/64.120.28.50:27015
Forum space
http://thepantless.com

If posting this is against Hard OCP policy please feel free to remove.
No offense was intended

just played it and didn't really notice much difference.

netcode and reg are still 100% fine(and always have been). The only people that complain are people that cant aim and are mad about getting owned. There is no cartwheeling jumping headshots like your other kid fps. "I was running and jumping and going full auto with the AK and my crosshair was on the guy but he didn't even die, this game sucks the netcode is broken the reg sucks, im going back and play cod."

Love it :)

netcode and reg are still 100% fine(and always have been). The only people that complain are people that cant aim and are mad about getting owned. There is no cartwheeling jumping headshots like your other kid fps. "I was running and jumping and going full auto with the AK and my crosshair was on the guy but he didn't even die, this game sucks the netcode is broken the reg sucks, im going back and play cod."

Love it :)

SOOOOOOOOO TRUE

People are just bad.

I played right after the update. took a major FPS hit and the game is laggy now. Couldnt test anything else. Also crosshair is messed up and there is an Armor Hud bug. Not to mention their Hud changes messed up anyone running a different HUD.

anyone here play on the n00bfest servers or the C4 server?
Very good and friendly places to play!
Will try this out tonight!

Thank you OP for posting!

:rolleyes: You're kidding yourself if at this point you think CS and COD are far off. And clearly it's my aim, playing for over 10 years I have no idea what I'm talking about. (EDIT: Ah the lookback machine...GG 7v7 timed CS matches... http://web.archive.org/web/20040901181328/http://www.clancoh.com/images/coh-dckr1.jpg )

Last edited:
maybe i should install it too but i am a 1.6/cz fan not a source fan.

I played right after the update. took a major FPS hit and the game is laggy now. Couldnt test anything else. Also crosshair is messed up and there is an Armor Hud bug. Not to mention their Hud changes messed up anyone running a different HUD.

Noticed that lastnight as well, the server would lag spike every last kill, the armor HUD bug is like wtf lol.

@Zac851: There is a problem with reg, doesn't seem to be a problem now (but i only played for 30 mins last night), but there definately was a problem with reg. I'm pretty sure if some one is afk right in front of you and you put two awp shots scoped in at point blank to his face while sitting still and he doesn't die, there is a problem with reg. Maybe it's just my location or some shit, but I have always had a problem with reg. I may only have shitty Open exp, but that doesn't mean I'm bad. The only time I have ever had perfect reg was when I hosted my own server, so it's definitely a server/location issue. Other than that the game is perfect.

Back