john10687

n00b
I got a...
AMD Athalon XP 2500+ @ 1.82 GHz
Asus Via KT600 Series Motherboard
512 MB Ram
Seagate 7200 rpm 120 GB Hard Drive
Radeon 9600 pro Video Card

I am having major problems booting up my computer. Everytime i start it up it automatically restarts itself within 10 seconds. Even when i get it to the windows screen, it still has a high percentage of restarting. It wont even start up in safe mode for me to perform a system restore.

I'd check your heatsinks make sure they are clean and mounted properly.

Also reseat your ram.

If that fails, check out replacing the power supply. It may be going flaky on you.

ive just upgraded to a 400 w antec power supply and i have a brand new 512mb pc 3200 geil ram

I guess the next logical question is: Did the computer have this problem before or after the upgrade of the powersupply. If the answer is after, well then, you have solved the mystery...

Problems usually occur for a reason so you have to figure out what you changed that made the problem occur.

If this is a new build, then you will have to supply some more information, as what OS (assuming winxp), what bios version, what you have done already to fix... etc etc..

Im running windows xp and if it was the heatsink what would you recommend for a new one. i dont care about noise volume or price.

Back