• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Maingear F131 vs. Ephex?

antoneagle

n00b
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
15
I am looking at Maingear systems (among others), and have speced out the following system....

Black Brushed Aluminum Finish
1000W Silverstone Strider Power Supply
NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Motherboard
E6850 Core 2 Duo (3.0GHz x 2)
Zalman Ultra Quiet CNPS9500 LED 92mm CPU Cooler w/ Copper Base
4GB Corsair XMS2 PC2 6400
Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache - SATA II
20X Dual Layer DVD±RW Drive w/ LightScribe Technology - black
2x NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800GTS 1GB DDR3 in SLI
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi™ XtremeGamer
3 Year Maingear Warranty

When I price out these two systems, with these exact same specs... they come out $358.93 different. Aside from the different case, what exactly am I getting with the Ephex that might justify this difference?

Thanks.
 
I dont know if the price justifies it but the ephex is monstrous compared to the F131 - and with how they have it setup, it clearly flows air better and the overall temps are much lower in the ephex.

Its the new hotness vs. old and busted if you will :p

I myself wanted the F131 too because I thought the Ephex was too big, but the more and more I see them building the two the more and more I see why the Ephex just owns it. In the end your paying for a larger case (more metal?) thats been internally tested to flow significantly better. Only you have the power to choose !!! :D
 
As DannyGT stated you are paying for the case mostly.
The cases offer different things basically, the Ephex is larger which creates, probably, better air flow with a larger interior room. Though the F131 offers great air flow, the interior with will slightly smaller (though still very large) and with a smaller overall size versus the Ephex. You can do no wrong with the Ephex unless size is an issue for you.
 
Back
Top