mail bounce for size limits

delemorte

Gawd
Ever since i switched over to exchange 2007 I have been unable to receive attachments of over 10 Meg. I can mail internally on the LAN inside the same domain of over 10 meg but once i leave it i get a bounce..

I checked the inbound size limit on the exchange console under the organization hub transport and under the server config for hub transport and they are both set to my custom levels of 30 megs. I had them blank but have since edited them to reflect the same as the outbound size limit of 30,000(KB).

I checked my MX records and they point to the correct server and i can send mail to this server no issues unless i have an attachment of over 10 meg.

Bounce message is below. I have edited my email address and domain (highlighted) but nothing else.. However the first sentence references a domain that is not mine. Im not sure if thats some generic message or not.

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> [email protected] (reading confirmation): 552 5.3.4 Message size
>>> exceeds fixed maximum message size

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5407 (20100829) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

I think that is already done. Would you mind being a bit more specific as to exactly what setting i missed?

Welcome to the Exchange Management Shell!

Full list of cmdlets: get-command
Only Exchange cmdlets: get-excommand
Cmdlets for a specific role: get-help -role *UM* or *Mailbox*
Get general help: help
Get help for a cmdlet: help <cmdlet-name> or <cmdlet-name> -?
Show quick reference guide: quickref
Exchange team blog: get-exblog
Show full output for a cmd: <cmd> | format-list

Tip of the day #30:

Do you want to create a group of test users in your lab? Use this command:

1..100 | ForEach { Net User "User$_" MyPassword=01 /ADD /Domain; Enable-Mailbox
"User$_" -Database <MailboxDatabaseName> }

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>get-transportconfig

ClearCategories : True
ConvertDisclaimerWrapperToEml : False
DSNConversionMode : UseExchangeDSNs
GenerateCopyOfDSNFor : {5.4.8, 5.4.6, 5.4.4, 5.2.4, 5.2.0, 5.1.4}
InternalSMTPServers : {127.0.0.1}
JournalingReportNdrTo : <>
MaxDumpsterSizePerStorageGroup : 18MB
MaxDumpsterTime : 7.00:00:00
MaxReceiveSize : 30000KB
MaxRecipientEnvelopeLimit : 5000
MaxSendSize : 30000KB
TLSReceiveDomainSecureList : {}
TLSSendDomainSecureList : {}
VerifySecureSubmitEnabled : False
VoicemailJournalingEnabled : True
HeaderPromotionModeSetting : NoCreate
WritingBrandingInDSNEnabled : True
Xexch50Enabled : True

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>^A

I think that is already done. Would you mind being a bit more specific as to exactly what setting i missed?

You just showed the transport part, my guess is that either the receive connector is set low or the user has a limit imposed on them- both of those are in the link that k1pp3r posted, go through those and you'll probably find your problem.

You just showed the transport part, my guess is that either the receive connector is set low or the user has a limit imposed on them- both of those are in the link that k1pp3r posted, go through those and you'll probably find your problem.

Cool... I checked the user and they are good so maybe i missed the recevie connector... Thank you.

You where correct.

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>get-receiveconnector |list

/Snip/

MaxMessageSize : 10MB

/Snip/

Can you just check my format for the command to change this?

SET-RECEVEICONNECTOR &#8211;MaxMessageSize 30

Found it.. thanks guys...

I had set one reveive connector but not the other causing a conflict.

in the exchange management console:

expand server configuration
click on hub transport
right click on your receive connector in the bottom middle panel and go to properties
the first tab (general) on the properties box will have the maximum message size right there.

*edit* just a bit late...

in the exchange management console:

expand server configuration
click on hub transport
right click on your receive connector in the bottom middle panel and go to properties
the first tab (general) on the properties box will have the maximum message size right there.

*edit* just a bit late...

Thats ok. thank you for the help!!

Back