Mafia II

psy81

Gawd
Hey guys,

When I run Mafia II benchmarks with settings maxed out (including PhysX) I can get 60 FPS. I play all my games with V-sync on. In the actual game, frame rates will drop to an unplayable 30 fps...does anyone know why this is happening? I have GTX 470 dedicated to PhysX when I play

You sure it's because of PhysX?

You could try some of the tweaks here. Apparently the cloth effects are done on the CPU, so that might explain why it's chugging despite the dedicated card. I've been playing with the cloth off except for Vito, and no real issues so far.

Your cpu isn't too great actually and this is a more cpu demanding game.

I was suspecting it was my CPU...there a couple games out there where I can feel my CPU isn't cutting it...GTA IV and Arkham City. Oh well, hope that Piledriver will be an improvement over Bulldozer...there is not real upgrade option with AMD at this point...i'm stuck until I go Intel...

Ah, good point. I completely missed the part about vsync ("drops to 30fps" should have set alarm bells ringing...). Sounds like triple buffering should sort this out.

Yeah, its been a long time since I've run into a game where I've needed to do that. Dragon Age is the last one that comes to mind.

Def try triple buffer too or adaptive vsync just noticed you have vsync on.

Back