Madonion 2001SE no run under DX 9.0b??

Grimlakin

[H]ard|Gawd
My config is in my sig. Running Windows XP pro all updates applied. I get an error that I don't have Direct x 8.1 installed.

Doesn't work for me? I just got it and tried running it, but it says "DX 8.0 is not installed," although I have DX 9.0b

Interesting. For those that it is working for and for those that is not working for a couple questions.

1. Did you ever have Direct X 8.1 installed previously?

2. What OS are you running?

I am running Windows XP fresh installed with DX 9.0b installed.

I am thinking because I didn't have a previous flavor of DirectX installed it is missing a resource file that MadOnions tester is looking for.

1) I had whatever version of DX comes with XP Home installed previously, which may indeed be 8.1.

2) XP Home.

you have to install a 3dmark 2001 Patch ot download the latest version of 2001 from their web site. I know the patch allows it to work with DX9 from experience. It didnt work untill i got the patch.

Dude flak this is a new install.. I pulled this down directly from futuremarks web site. I will investigate a patch to see if I can find anything and let you guys know.

Well ya know they have a faq that covers this. I am pulling down a fresh copy right now. Did the uninstall. Going to reboot, reinstall, and test as soon as it is done. Wheee...

Ok looks like the problem was I had DL'd and installed 2001se somewhere before all of my crap was up to date as far as drivers and DX version. Following the faq solved my problem as can be noted by the insane 3dmark score in my sig. :)

Back