Madden 2013

Xecutor

Weaksauce
Anyone playing this? I had thought about picking it up for the PS3 but after seeing the reviews and hearing that they removed the franchise mode I have withheld. That's about all I use to play is Franchise mode. I did try the demo and it was OK but for $60 hard to justify the cost with the loss of franchise and not being able to create a player with a fantasy draft. Bad EA bad!

Spending $60 on the newest Madden every year is crazy IMO, especially considering how fast they drop in value. Wait a few months and pick it up for $20 or less.

I didn't buy 12 but picked up 13 since I'm a Lions fan and well, the cover has got our guy on it.

In years past I did buy the new version for basically a roster update, which is why I stopped buying them. With 13 though I felt that the new animation system would make enough difference. Haven't had a chance to play yet since getting it in the mail last night.

Either way, I can't wait for NFL 2k20!

I've got a bunch of friends on xbox that have it and they love it

Madden always stresses me out, but I got it this year. I usually get every couple of years. There is still a franchise mode, except its called connected careers. I have an offline one for me and a online one with a couple friends. its funny cause I think a lot of people must have thought it wasn't there cause when you load it up, after the freaking 5 min wait time for it to go through ea servers, a screen pops up, "looking for franchise mode" along with two other options, survey and something else

Spending $60 on the newest Madden every year is crazy IMO, especially considering how fast they drop in value. Wait a few months and pick it up for $20 or less.

The thing is, the current version never drops in value that fast. only when a new version is released than the old version drops to that price. Every year when a new Madden is released they actually maintain their value quite well for almost a full year. You might get lucky and find it for $40-45 at some point later in the year, but by the time that happens, the next version is just a few months out and its a tough choice to make.

The bottom line is that I think Madden is overpriced at $60 considering you get a new version every year with only minor changes but if you're a huge footaball and Madden fan, you just about have no choice but to pay the full price at launch just to get your money's worth out of the game all year long.

The thing is, the current version never drops in value that fast. only when a new version is released than the old version drops to that price. Every year when a new Madden is released they actually maintain their value quite well for almost a full year. You might get lucky and find it for $40-45 at some point later in the year, but by the time that happens, the next version is just a few months out and its a tough choice to make.

The bottom line is that I think Madden is overpriced at $60 considering you get a new version every year with only minor changes but if you're a huge footaball and Madden fan, you just about have no choice but to pay the full price at launch just to get your money's worth out of the game all year long.

Nah I disagree. It usually takes about 4 months to drop to $20ish.

Nah I disagree. It usually takes about 4 months to drop to $20ish.

OK, you can disagree all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that its not true. Feel free to dig up this thread though in 4 months and post a link where I can buy it for $20 new.

I've never seen the latest Madden hit $20 before the superbowl is played (6 months after release). New or retail...last year in particular I was happy to be able to pick it up on an EA sale for $30 + shipping in late December. Then the sale ended and it went back up.

I've never seen the latest Madden hit $20 before the superbowl is played (6 months after release). New or retail...last year in particular I was happy to be able to pick it up on an EA sale for $30 + shipping in late December. Then the sale ended and it went back up.

Yep.

OK, you can disagree all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that its not true. Feel free to dig up this thread though in 4 months and post a link where I can buy it for $20 new.

Well first of all I didn't say new. I typically go by used game prices especially after something has been out for a number of months. Second of all, I was a little off as I was just estimating value.

Looks like Madden 12 was worth about $27 after 4 months - http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/xbox-360/madden-nfl-12

Madden 11 was worth $31 - http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/xbox-360/madden-nfl-11

Madden 10 was worth $35 - http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/xbox-360/madden-nfl-10

So it actually seems like the game is declining in value faster than it used to.

Well I think part of the decline in value is that Gamestop pays at max like $12, maybe $15 tops for the game used, even if it's only been a week. I know I bought a version once, like 08 that utterly sucked and they wouldn't take it back or trade it in for jack. I think Gamestop has almost ruined the used game market...

Well first of all I didn't say new. I typically go by used game prices especially after something has been out for a number of months. Second of all, I was a little off as I was just estimating value.

Looks like Madden 12 was worth about $27 after 4 months - http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/xbox-360/madden-nfl-12

Madden 11 was worth $31 - http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/xbox-360/madden-nfl-11

Madden 10 was worth $35 - http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/xbox-360/madden-nfl-10

So it actually seems like the game is declining in value faster than it used to.

Buying used changes everything. If you're friend Steve wants to sell you his used copy for $20, that doesn't make it that price for everyone else. My point is that Madden rarely ever drops below $40 for a NEW copy until almost a year is up, Used might be $10 below that after 6 months if you can find someone willing to sell theirs at that price.

Buying used changes everything. If you're friend Steve wants to sell you his used copy for $20, that doesn't make it that price for everyone else. My point is that Madden rarely ever drops below $40 for a NEW copy until almost a year is up, Used might be $10 below that after 6 months if you can find someone willing to sell theirs at that price.

It has nothing to do with buying a game from your friend Steve or any other local sale. The site I linked uses an average used and new price from Amazon, eBay, Half, Gamestop and other sites. Either way, I'm really not trying to argue about Madden dropping in price. If you're the kind of person who still buys games from Gamestop/Walmart, then you just need to explore other options because there are cheaper ones out there.

It has nothing to do with buying a game from your friend Steve or any other local sale. The site I linked uses an average used and new price from Amazon, eBay, Half, Gamestop and other sites. Either way, I'm really not trying to argue about Madden dropping in price. If you're the kind of person who still buys games from Gamestop/Walmart, then you just need to explore other options because there are cheaper ones out there.

I agree with the other guy. I've never even seen it used for under 30-40 after around 6 months. I mean it varies and goes lower and lower but it always seems to hold it's value more than other games until the next installment is announced.

LOL ....Madden....Heck you can't beat Tecmo Bowl ( 1989 ). One of the funnest, simplest games I ever played....Yea that WAS 23 years ago and I still get it out and play it from time to time.

I agree with the other guy. I've never even seen it used for under 30-40 after around 6 months. I mean it varies and goes lower and lower but it always seems to hold it's value more than other games until the next installment is announced.

It's not really something you can agree or disagree with. The links I posted are based on factual data. So you can agree and be right, or disagree and be wrong.

Well it doesn't matter because I can't find it for anything lower than 30-40 bucks. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong spots. Used sometimes I can get it lower but maybe it's not by much. Usually I'm expecting it to be around 15 because that's all it seems to be worth.

Amazon is currently listing this game at $39.99...probably won't last long

Link

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
if you want to play co-op franchise skil this year. i found out the hard way that it is not included

Back