Madden 2007

Hoop

Gawd
maddenscreen001al1.jpg

Anyone else looking forward to pulling some Madden allnighters!? Hope it's fully functional unlike last years Madden for Xbox 360. Between Xbox live (first time having it) and competition with friends I predict maaaany days of waking up tired the next morning.

www.easports.com/madden07/

Have you seen any screenshots? It looks horrible! The graphics are headache inducing!

Madden90.jpg

:D

if it's anything like NCAA 2007, then count me out.
they "dropped the ball" on that one.

Well, I tried the demo on NCAA, and I agree, not that good.

I really hope Madden comes through because I changed my preorder on NCAA to Madden.

I hope we get a demo before the 22nd.

CKMorpheus said:
Have you seen any screenshots? It looks horrible! The graphics are headache inducing!

Madden90.jpg

:D

The graphics may be horrible, but I bet it is more entertaining to play :)

Naldo said:
Why dont you guys like NCAA? Game is great to me.
I think "didn't live up to expectations" would be a better way to describe it.

I think NCAA is a great game so far the best sports game for the 360. Like usual NCAA is a step behind madden. I.E. NCAA is like madden 06 and madden 07 will be differen't. That said I have my preorder ready and the 22nd of August at midnight i'll have my copy.

Heck yeah! I'm one of those suckers who buys a new Madden every year and i've been dreaming about this! Finally the beautiful graphics in the 06 X360 version, but with a fully functional feature set! I've preordered this game, so I should have it on launch day assuming EB does good on the date. If you want to hook up for a match when this game comes out, my gamertag is junehhan

Hm. I don't know. I hope they improve the running game this time around. I heard there's some running-game additions but I don't know what exactly...

I miss ESPN. :(

The18thLetter said:
Hm. I don't know. I hope they improve the running game this time around. I heard there's some running-game additions but I don't know what exactly...

I miss ESPN. :(

Have no fear, they wanted to make the running game better and they did! You can now control the holes that open up for example, how cool is that? Lead blocker coming through.....

I really think Madden 2007 will be the best pro game we have ever seen on a console. I have a feeling I will be playing it a lot on Live, especially when my fantasy league starts next month.

I think it is ridiculous what EA is doing here. They are so arragont that they think the masses will pay 20.00 for their trailer. Pathetic

This can't be right, can it? Electronic Arts and ESPN will be charging us to view their latest trailer for Madden '07 . For the first time in video games history the company are setting the ball rolling for future publishers to pick our pockets just to grab a behind the scenes look at their latest games.

In a move that displays pure greed and arrogance, you'll be charged $19.95 for an hour long behind the scenes look at the American Football game,

Thanks EA for charging us to watch a marketing video showcasing a game that you want us to buy. Disgusting! The sad thing is you just know that people will pay.

View the details at: Game feed

We would like to point up that we do not know who will profit from this move. We'd assume it's EA and ESPN, but there may be another cackling villain behind the scenes.

Source: http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6283

That's exactly the problem we've been seeing with video game journalism as these blokes seem more content with telling us what the facts should be, instead of just telling us what the real facts are and letting us decide. I have a more fair assessment of this so called trailer from a source that hasn't already made a decision on it.

It sounds like for those willing to pay, you are getting an aweful lot more than just a trailer for $20. However that's not what the source you quoted would have us believe, as that person seems pretty sure that we are getting just a boring ordinary trailer. It in fact looks like EA and ESPN has really put forth a lot of effort for this special one hour presentation of a lot of in depth stuff. It looks like you are also getting some exclusive information in this game such as the ratings and stuff before the game is released. Also, noone is forcing you to pay for this. If you don't want to pay, you don't have to. I don't see why people are complaining when you arn't being forced to pay and wach this presentation. I sure won't, because I don't see any value in this for $20. However, there are a lot of hardcore people out there who will because they feel that it is worth it. If you feel that you are being wronged in some shape or form, don't keep whining about it and just don't buy it.

"EA and ESPN has teamed up for a first in video game history. A special pay-per-view event will be available starting August 4th at 9pm EST titled, “Inside Madden NFL 07.” Hardcore Madden fans will get an inside look at what it took to make the highly anticipated title coming out for all next-gen platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii) 18 days before it’s official launch on August 22nd.

"Gamers willing to fork over $19.95 for the hour long special will be on a “guided tour through new changes and advances in all aspects of the game.” This also includes the “exclusive release of player ratings and tips from top Madden gamers and behind-the-scenes details about the making of the next-generation Madden NFL games.”

Also part of the show is a play test conducted in Orlando at EA Tiburon’s studio by some of the best in the game. The lucky players included:
- Dwayne "D-Train Harrison"
(winner of the 2002 Madden Challenge)
- Jarvis Thomas
(winner of the 2005 Madden Challenge)
- Justin Chow
(Washington DC regional winner of the 2005 Madden Challenge)
- Will Kinsler
(co-owner of MaddenNation.com, and writer for gaming strategy guides and EA Sports)
- Rod "Reality" Winn
(a former competitor on ESPN's Madden Nation)
"

If you feel that you are being wronged in some shape or form, don't keep whining about it and just don't buy it.

junehhan, the whole point of a discussion board is to discuss things that we like and dislike. If something leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I have every right to discuss it here. Do you not agree?

ok so you get more than just a trailer but for 20.00?? The whole purpose of this movie in EA's eyes is to promote the game and get gamers excited to buy it. This video should be a free download or at best 5.00. People (even hardcore Madden fans) should not have to pay for a marketing video just to learn about their favorite game. I think it is a very greedy move on their part. True, I do not have to buy it and I wont but that does not take away from the absurdity of this stunt.

I see more and more of this going on in the industry. Companies are testing the waters to see just how far they can take things. Greed.

rayman2k2 said:
why can't a redskin ever be on the cover :(

Portis might be on next years cover. I'm not a 'skins fan but I think he's going to do really well this season.

The only way I'll buy a Madden game (I've been avoiding, and currently boycotting, for years - the 2k series rocked) is if the Wii version turns out to be awesome in terms of gesture use. Otherwise, I think I might finally try Blitz: The League - versions of which are coming to the "next-gen" consoles (at least 360 and Wii - I don't know about PS3) in October.

FluxCap said:
Have no fear, they wanted to make the running game better and they did! You can now control the holes that open up for example, how cool is that? Lead blocker coming through.....

I really think Madden 2007 will be the best pro game we have ever seen on a console. I have a feeling I will be playing it a lot on Live, especially when my fantasy league starts next month.
Mmm... doesn't seem too substantial.

I was thinking a complete overhaul of the running system, seeing as how players control + move like tanks in Madden, whereas in ESPN it was more fluid + realistic movement.

I definately agree that we should have free discussion as it helps people to see issues from other perspectives. Just as you have every right to discuss something, I also have a right to put forth my opinion about this. However, my comments are more directed towards people who just whine for the sake of whining. People who whine because they hate EA, and just won't properly evaluate something without having their own narrow view of something. I definately agree that this is a work of greed that has been conjured up by some marketing and econ people who as you say, are "testing the waters" to see what they can get away with. I also hope that people don't buy into this, as not buying something is going to be the only way to send a strong signal to an institution that they have stepped too far. I just wanted to provide a counter point that some people might find value in this for $20. Of course, you also have a rare group of the population who are going to buy it anyway, and then just whine about it. Since i'm already enough of a sucker to buy a new Madden every year(although this year won't be wasted), I just can't give them any more money since i'm probably going to blow another $50-60 on a new MAdden for 08.

skittzle said:
junehhan, the whole point of a discussion board is to discuss things that we like and dislike. If something leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I have every right to discuss it here. Do you not agree?

ok so you get more than just a trailer but for 20.00?? The whole purpose of this movie in EA's eyes is to promote the game and get gamers excited to buy it. This video should be a free download or at best 5.00. People (even hardcore Madden fans) should not have to pay for a marketing video just to learn about their favorite game. I think it is a very greedy move on their part. True, I do not have to buy it and I wont but that does not take away from the absurdity of this stunt.

I see more and more of this going on in the industry. Companies are testing the waters to see just how far they can take things. Greed.

The18thLetter said:
Mmm... doesn't seem too substantial.

I was thinking a complete overhaul of the running system, seeing as how players control + move like tanks in Madden, whereas in ESPN it was more fluid + realistic movement.
It is a new system from what I was told, I think we will be pleased.

You would think Microsoft would put some pressure on EA to make Madden awesome. If they make it good, then pro athletes will play it, and it'll be featured on those shows like Cribs and ALLLLL the wanna-be's will want an Xbox 360 and Madden. It would be the best marketing Microsoft could ask for.

I'd be lying if I said I was even remotely excited about this game. I haven't purchased a Madden title since Madden 98 on the Sega Saturn. A big part of the reason though, was I had a Dreamcast (no PS2... couldn't afford both), and EA decided they were too good for Sega. Of course I've played all the Madden titles at friends' houses.

However, the 2K series was a breath of fresh air, when the Dreamcast was kickin', and I was enjoying those games up until 2K5, though there were a few years they weren't as good as others... 2K3 for example. Now that EA has the exclusive rights to the NFL I've just grown tired of the genre.

Haha. I talked my cousin into buying the PPV event. I'll try to rip it and post it as a torrent for you guys when it comes out.

rayman2k2 said:
why can't a redskin ever be on the cover :(

Be careful what you wish for, most of the time the player on the cover of madden was on the team that lost the superbowl last season.

Eddie George
Marshall Faulk
Donovan McNabb
Shaun Alexander

All made it on the cover after their team had lost in the superbowl...not to mention almost every player on the Madden cover has had a crappy year after they had been selected for the cover...

McNabb: last year
Michael Vick: broken leg
Eddie George: injuries that plagued him till his retirement
Donate Culpepper: lead the Vikings to a 5-11 season and threw 23 INTs
Marshall Faulk: Has never been the same running back since

Being a Rams fan I hope another one never makes it on the cover again. So, be careful what you wish for if you want the Redskins to do well.

junehhan said:
It sounds like for those willing to pay, you are getting an aweful lot more than just a trailer for $20. ... It looks like you are also getting some exclusive information in this game such as the ratings and stuff before the game is released.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Anyone who is a fan of football will have a pretty decent idea which teams/players will be good and which won't. No benefit from spending 20 bucks here.

junehhan said:
Also part of the show is a play test conducted in Orlando at EA Tiburon’s studio by some of the best in the game.

Anyone else remember the "play test" of Perfect Dark Zero on the laughably bad MTV premier of the 360? That would be sweet to spend 20 bucks to watch a bunch of guys having a good time playing the game in between 1-3 second clips of the game in action.

I'm sorry (not really), but you CAN NOT SPIN THIS. It is the biggest scam in the gaming world right now. So let's review. For 20 bucks you get video of the game (you'll see this for free on most gaming news sites), team/player ratings (about as useful as being told there will be guns in an FPS), behind the scenes info (mildly interesting, but put it as a bonus vid on the game for crying out loud), TIPS FROM TOP MADDEN GAMERS (I got nothing for this). It's really pathetic that they are stooping this low. Oh well, guess they have to make their money back SOMEhow after spending so much to kill GOOD football games like the 2k series.

Triple B said:
I'm sorry (not really), but you CAN NOT SPIN THIS. It is the biggest scam in the gaming world right now. So let's review. For 20 bucks you get to watch an infomercial.

I hope you don't mind but I fixed that for you. :)

Nobody said that you, I, or anyone else HAD to buy into this so called scam. As long as people get to make a concious personal choice themselves on what is a good investment of their money, we can't really say, can we? I don't see any value in this, but that doesn't mean there aren't actually people out there that do. Why does this even concern you? You don't have to buy this.

Triple B said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Anyone who is a fan of football will have a pretty decent idea which teams/players will be good and which won't. No benefit from spending 20 bucks here.

Anyone else remember the "play test" of Perfect Dark Zero on the laughably bad MTV premier of the 360? That would be sweet to spend 20 bucks to watch a bunch of guys having a good time playing the game in between 1-3 second clips of the game in action.

I'm sorry (not really), but you CAN NOT SPIN THIS. It is the biggest scam in the gaming world right now. So let's review. For 20 bucks you get video of the game (you'll see this for free on most gaming news sites), team/player ratings (about as useful as being told there will be guns in an FPS), behind the scenes info (mildly interesting, but put it as a bonus vid on the game for crying out loud), TIPS FROM TOP MADDEN GAMERS (I got nothing for this). It's really pathetic that they are stooping this low. Oh well, guess they have to make their money back SOMEhow after spending so much to kill GOOD football games like the 2k series.

I also don't understand what people have against Madden. Madden is probably everything I could ever wish for in a football game. It is my opinion that EA actually improved madden after they became the only official game licensed by the NFL. EA could have just dropped the ball with their new found monopoly in this market, but they chose to keep improving an already good game. It's like the baseball scene where I also believe the EA's MVP was far superior to 2K's piss poor fucked up job they did now that they are the only ones making a MLB game(don't believe me? play the X360 version). EA could have done what 2k sports did and dropped the ball, but they didn't. Even if you trust reviews, nearly all of them that i've read rated MVP higher than the others, especially in the final year before 2k got the exclusive deal.

For every one person that actually pays for the Madden PPV thing there will be 1000+ that watch it online. Most gamers (even console gamers :p ) know how to use google video or youtube or torrents or.... you know what I'm trying to say. People will watch it, most without paying.

Just the fact that it'll be a PPV infomercial, a first of its kind (I think), will get mainstream media attention and give EA advertising.... essentially for free. Way better than some press release. EA will most likely lose money on the PPV thing but will gain it back tenfold in the end, I bet.

Back